[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

Jonnyboy v.0.45 does not work for me..I can't make anything and I do not get any log files... :huh:

well it worked for me, but it did the same thing... it ignored my choices... my choices were 3.0 (vanilla) and inf addon. I got: ayakawa 3.0.2 pre and switchless silent addon (not installer). but I didn't notice it spitting any errors in any of the windows... oh and also chose not to edit reg file and it still opened the file and waited for me to close it and click continue...

Edited by benjammin

Replace Icons.

Firefox uses 3 kind of icons.

Index No: 0 => Basic icon. Shown on links

Index No: 1 => File icons. Shown on html files.

Index No: 32512 => Shown on program windows left up corner.

Basicly icon0 and icon32512 are same.

For example if you renamed your 2 icon files as 0.ico and 1.ico

In command promt:

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite firefox.exe, firefox.exe, 0.ico, Icon,0, => This will replace main icon

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite firefox.exe, firefox.exe, 1.ico, Icon,1, => This will replace html file icon

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite firefox.exe, firefox.exe, 0.ico, Icon,32512, => This will replace program windows left up corner icon

All DoNE. Icons replaced.

All informations can be found on ResHacker Help file, under Commandline Scripting topic

U may use a res file included all icons in one file.

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite firefox.exe, firefox.exe, icons.res,,, => This will replace all icons in res file.

Thank you, Thank you

I just haven't had the time for the reading of ResHacker Help file, but was planning for next version or so.

Thanks again.

I get "Canot execute .\FirefoxAddonMaker_v0.45\bin\WBAT.COM" error when i start the tool :\

screenshot included

This one stumps me for the moment. But, I endeavor to figure it out.

Did you remove wsh from your installation? If from command promt you type cscript what response do you get? You should get a message tlling you proper usage. If not, my script will not work for you. All of the links, filenames, etc are done by vbscript.

***EDIT***

I see that in the screenshot, the vbscript is working. It must be something else. hmmm....

Jonnyboy v.0.45 does not work for me..I can't make anything and I do not get any log files... :huh:

Again. No idea what the problems might be. I could use more info. What did it do? Where did it stop? Di it crash? Did it ever start? The more info you can provide, the easier it will be for me to find the cause.

Thank you

Thanks jonnyboy for vista compatibility and silent installer option.

btw the bookmark selection option in your addon maker program does not work, checked it again. My bookmarks are stored in default location of firefox, and no bookmark manager. Everytime i deselect the bookmark option, they still get installed (addon maker ignores that option) maybe it does not work only on vista (did not try it on xp, but i guess it works on xp thats why people have not reported this bug)

please look into this.

Thank you very much for this awesome program and update.

Are you using Vista x64? I have test 100x's in XP. I will test more in Vista.

**** I do know that the script was always downloading the english versions. I have fixed and will be in next update. ****

Edited by Jonnyboy

well it worked for me, but it did the same thing... it ignored my choices... my choices were 3.0 (vanilla) and inf addon. I got: ayakawa 3.0.2 pre and switchless silent addon (not installer). but I didn't notice it spitting any errors in any of the windows... oh and also chose not to edit reg file and it still opened the file and waited for me to close it and click continue...

This error should have been fixed in 0.45, which version are you referring to with this?

Are you using Vista x64? I have test 100x's in XP. I will test more in Vista.

No, Vista x86. I was on vista x64, but for some apps compatibility problems, i had to go back to x86.

Edited by shahed

Hi Jonny, how I can make an addon with other language? Spanish more specific.

Thanks in advanced.

as soon as post v0.451, it will automatically do that - if your current firefox is in spanish

I'm waiting on a couple things before I post the update.

thanks

This error should have been fixed in 0.45, which version are you referring to with this?

the previous version didn't have the "edit registry file" option I don't think... I don't remember it anyways... but for sure I am using .45 and got these "errors" although they aren't really errors because it builds an addon just fine... just not the one I requested it to build... the strange party is... it is downloading BOTH vanilla firefox install and ayakawa pre... i would think if it was going to build ayakawa addon it would only download THAT file... am I wrong? maybe the issue is that when you have a "default" choice selected... somehow that "variable" doesn't get cleared even though the user chooses something other than "default" choice (ie: ayakawa) it still thinks it should build a "default" package due to variable not being cleared properly when user choice is made??? I have no idea... I'm just taking a wild stab!

the previous version didn't have the "edit registry file" option I don't think... I don't remember it anyways... but for sure I am using .45 and got these "errors" although they aren't really errors because it builds an addon just fine... just not the one I requested it to build... the strange party is... it is downloading BOTH vanilla firefox install and ayakawa pre... i would think if it was going to build ayakawa addon it would only download THAT file... am I wrong? maybe the issue is that when you have a "default" choice selected... somehow that "variable" doesn't get cleared even though the user chooses something other than "default" choice (ie: ayakawa) it still thinks it should build a "default" package due to variable not being cleared properly when user choice is made??? I have no idea... I'm just taking a wild stab!

If you are building an optimized version, the script uses that localized files from the vanilla, thus getting the proper language files.

As far as the variables go, I have purposefully cleared each one at the beginning of the script. The problem in the previous versions was that if you ran the script more than once, the variables would remain set.

I have tested many times since making these changes and implementing them in 0.45, I no longer get the errors associated with any 0.44x version.

But, I continue to test.

If you are building an optimized version, the script uses that localized files from the vanilla, thus getting the proper language files.

As far as the variables go, I have purposefully cleared each one at the beginning of the script. The problem in the previous versions was that if you ran the script more than once, the variables would remain set.

I have tested many times since making these changes and implementing them in 0.45, I no longer get the errors associated with any 0.44x version.

But, I continue to test.

well like I said... I haven't even attempted looking at the scripts... I was just making a wild somewhat "educated" guess... hehe...

@benjammin

I was just explaining how that portion of the script works.

no, I gotcha man... s'all good... my r33tn3zz isn't worthy of your addon skrillz!!! haha... I wish there were more "addon builder" addons... these things are the ish!

Version 0.451 is posted and it corrects the language issue. I also moved the log files so they will not be overwritten by subsequent runs of the script. I added back in logging for wget so I can see what files are being download with each run. I added script to get the profile path if you have it in a default location.

****EDIT****

If you get any errors, please pm me your logs so that I find the errors and fix them. Thank you

Edited by Jonnyboy

Can someone make this icon into one that has a page in the background? Like the default html icon.

Any help is appreciated.

***EDIT***

Never mind, I figured it out. It will be in the next version. Thanks again eryen.

Edited by Jonnyboy

.451 is still ignoring my "choices"

been sifting through the .bat/.vbs files to see if I can figure it out... but at this point i am just too tired... going to get some sleep... hopefully you will have found it by the time I wake up... lolz...

Again. No idea what the problems might be. I could use more info. What did it do? Where did it stop? Di it crash? Did it ever start? The more info you can provide, the easier it will be for me to find the cause.

Thank you

Nothing happen,I run it normally chose vanila, and foloved all steps (I did not require reg edit) and try to make switchless addon and it all went "fine" in 2-3 seconds with that d8mn end message. Imposible! FF can't be downloaded and finished that fast. No logs,nothing.

I tried v0.451 and same thing except I have this screen on first start. :huh:

56403877db7.png

Nothing happen,I run it normally chose vanila, and foloved all steps (I did not require reg edit) and try to make switchless addon and it all went "fine" in 2-3 seconds with that d8mn end message. Imposible! FF can't be downloaded and finished that fast. No logs,nothing.

I tried v0.451 and same thing except I have this screen on first start. :huh:

It looks like wsh is not available on your system. Type cscript at the command prompt and if you get usage instructions then that is not the problem. Otherwise, unless you install wsh, available here, this script will not work for you. It may also be, that you wsh limited to running only signed scripts.

I appreciate your feedback. :)

I'm going to add a check at the start to check for the presence of wsh. Well, I'm running into problems on how to test for to test for it.

post-5822-1215700577_thumb.png

Edited by Jonnyboy

does anyone have an older version available they could PM me? I need the 06/27 update... I think it was .43? That version worked for me and I need to do a build and have it done A.S.A.P. that version worked for me... I'd greatly appreciate it if someone happened to have it still =)

Many thanks for your hard work Jonnyboy!!! This will be a super sweet addon come once the kinks get worked... is there anything else you can think of I could try to get it to accept my choices? I have WSH installed, or it wouldn't be building an addon at all apparantly...

ok... going through the .bat files I noticed you have references to where firefox is currently installed... I don't have firefox installed in default directory... is there some way to ask user what directory or for it to search for firefox.exe and then use that directory automatically? when the addon scripts are running the main window title is "Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 running Firefox 0.0.0.0 with Flash Player"

not sure if it even matters that the directory you have "hardcoded" even matters to the outcome... but it was one more thing I can point out that I noticed... so if it does not matter than please disregard... I'm still sifting...

is there anything else you can think of I could try to get it to accept my choices? I have WSH installed, or it wouldn't be building an addon at all apparantly...

If you could pm me your logs I can try to see where the fault is.

not sure if it even matters that the directory you have "hardcoded" even matters to the outcome... but it was one more thing I can point out that I noticed... so if it does not matter than please disregard... I'm still sifting...

Right now, there is only a few items being pulled from the firefox directory, namely dictionaries, plugins, search plugins and the themes are located in the extensions folder. Almost everything is located in the profiles folder.

The script cannot even get the correct language and it defaults to en-US if firefox is not located in the default location.

It looks like wsh is not available on your system. Type cscript at the command prompt and if you get usage instructions then that is not the problem. Otherwise, unless you install wsh, available here, this script will not work for you. It may also be, that you wsh limited to running only signed scripts.

I appreciate your feedback. :)

I'm going to add a check at the start to check for the presence of wsh. Well, I'm running into problems on how to test for to test for it.

You where right.

suckta9.png

Now I regret that I erased older working version...cause I need it. :(

You where right.

Now I regret that I erased older working version...cause I need it. :(

If that screenshot is from your system, then you have wsh installed.

here is the link to v0.442, this is the last version before vbscript.

Let me know if you have any problems with this version.

Thanks

Older Versions

v0.442

MD5: 6B730F08250143B2AA2BDCD425F8AC70

v0.43

MD5: 941A08FF27DBFD5D502987852A9EBC83

Edited by Jonnyboy

It is apparent that the new version using wbat and vbscript is causing too much trouble for too many people. I will make edits to v0.442 to get current file info from my ftp. After I have completed that update, I am going to attempt to write this in VC++ or VB. I have never used either, so it will be interesting.

I posted the first script to share. I never expected to spend so much energy on this.

But, because I am a perfectionist, I have attempted to add any necessity that has been asked for into this script. Batch file programming, alone can not do everything that is needed to make this script compatible for anyone using Windows XP or Vista. My goal was and is that this script be available to anyone running WinXP, Vista or Server and eventually include x64.

Do not misunderstand, I continue to make changes and improvements as I learn how to make them. I started with a very rudimentary knowledge of batch files. There is still alot that I do not know and can not do. I have enjoyed the process and continue.

I say this in thanks to you. If I had not posted that first script I would not have gained the knowledge to complete the last one. I am a typical procrastinator.

Anyway, forgive my babbling. After the next update, the next update will be awile while I learn how to do it as an exe.

~Jonnyboy