[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

Jonny, I may have missed something when I ran 0.442, but 0.38 made a switchless installer in SVCPACK that I could re-locate for use in WPI. This latest build uses the .cab with .inf; is there an option to have the switchless again?

I'll probably find it before u reply, but if I don't ask I'll never find it. :rolleyes:

BTW - Thanks for putting this together. It's a beautiful thing.

Edited by ontheteam

Jonny, I may have missed something when I ran 0.442, but 0.38 made a switchless installer in SVCPACK that I could re-locate for use in WPI. This latest build uses the .cab with .inf; is there an option to have the switchless again?

I'll probably find it before u reply, but if I don't ask I'll never find it. :rolleyes:

BTW - Thanks for putting this together. It's a beautiful thing.

I removed the silent install option because only the vanilla and ayakawa versions would install that way. The other 2 would crash. I would like to find out wjy they crash, before adding back in. My guess, is they use additional dll's that the installer is not aware of and that causes the crash. But, I will try to get it back into the next version.

I'll start on that after I complete Vista compatibility. I may just create a new installer and use that for the silent install.

thx

***EDIT***

I just read a post where I can make the inf installer into a silent exe. I will try that first.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Anyone have the skills, time and willingness to create a set of icons. I would like to reshack the default icons in firefox.exe with custom icons made from the image in the first post. Any help is appreciated.

i'm not terribly good at this stuff, but i threw these together

http://www.mediafire.com/?eiztlcynyb2 (files are a little too big to attach to the post)

***EDIT***

I just read a post where I can make the inf installer into a silent exe. I will try that first.

I found this post http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3759

In it Rick points out that we can just use WinRAR SFX with following options

Setup=Firefox.inf
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

Firefox.cab must be in folder i386, so content of SFX is

firefox.inf
i386\firefox.cab

I successfully tested this with the files from the 2.0.0.15 vanilla version. The install is not silent, but it IS unattended.

Thanks again for a great tool.

Edited by ontheteam

Found a minor bug, (dont know for sure if its only me) If i deselect the bookmarks when creating firefox addon, after i install the addon created, i still get the bookmarks. (tested on a clean virtual (vmware) machine)

EDIT:

btw How is your progress on the switchless installer option?

Edited by shahed

Found a minor bug, (dont know for sure if its only me) If i deselect the bookmarks when creating firefox addon, after i install the addon created, i still get the bookmarks. (tested on a clean virtual (vmware) machine)

EDIT:

btw How is your progress on the switchless installer option?

Well, the switchless silent installer is done. But, if the files are still being copied when told not to. That is a problem that I need to look into.

thx

***EDIT***

Are you certain that the file in the addon is your bookmarks.html and not the generic bookmarks.html that comes with firefox?

Edited by Jonnyboy

Well, the switchless silent installer is done. But, if the files are still being copied when told not to. That is a problem that I need to look into.

thx

***EDIT***

Are you certain that the file in the addon is your bookmarks.html and not the generic bookmarks.html that comes with firefox?

Checked it again. If i deselect the bookmark and create the addon, they still get installed. They are not the default ones, but my own ones.

Thanks

Checked it again. If i deselect the bookmark and create the addon, they still get installed. They are not the default ones, but my own ones.

Thanks

Are you using a bookmarks manager that may be storing a copy of the bookmarks somewhere?

Are you using a bookmarks manager that may be storing a copy of the bookmarks somewhere?

No am not using no bookmark manager, wierd if your one is working fine. Going to do another clean install and check.

Will let you know

thanks

No am not using no bookmark manager, wierd if your one is working fine. Going to do another clean install and check.

Will let you know

thanks

When you do, tell me where the bookmarks.html file is located in program files\mozilla firefox

thanks

O.K. upgraded to .442 last night and did a build, but when I choose vanilla firefox it is downloading the ayakawa 3.0.2 pre build at the same time... so I am not sure if it is building a vanilla or an ayakawa build... when it is finished the output addon filename says "Firefox_{ayakawa}_3.0.2pre_addon.7z" so it makes me think it is an ayakawa build... but I don't know, and I'm not sure how to check without actually doing a VMware test with the addon... and I really don't feel like doing that just to find out that I may have to rebuild or somehow trackdown the .43 version of this addon that worked for me. (could you maybe send it to me? or someone?)

thanks for what is the absolute best addon ever made!!! this is truly a work of addon "art" you have here!!!

O.K. upgraded to .442 last night and did a build, but when I choose vanilla firefox it is downloading the ayakawa 3.0.2 pre build at the same time... so I am not sure if it is building a vanilla or an ayakawa build... when it is finished the output addon filename says "Firefox_{ayakawa}_3.0.2pre_addon.7z" so it makes me think it is an ayakawa build... but I don't know, and I'm not sure how to check without actually doing a VMware test with the addon... and I really don't feel like doing that just to find out that I may have to rebuild or somehow trackdown the .43 version of this addon that worked for me. (could you maybe send it to me? or someone?)

thanks for what is the absolute best addon ever made!!! this is truly a work of addon "art" you have here!!!

good catch, I'll try to find out why this is. I'll have a fix soon.

thx

good catch, I'll try to find out why this is. I'll have a fix soon.

thx

I also noticed for a brief moment something about an invalid variable having to do with w.bat... but it seemed to complete its tasks without actually stopping or complaining about it further... just happened to notice that when running it a second time to see if maybe I had missed something...

I also noticed for a brief moment something about an invalid variable having to do with w.bat... but it seemed to complete its tasks without actually stopping or complaining about it further... just happened to notice that when running it a second time to see if maybe I had missed something...

The second error is caused by the first error. I am working on the reg file. The current reg file does not set firefox as default browser in vista like it does in xp. As son as I get the reg file sorted out, I will post an update.

Thx

i'm not terribly good at this stuff, but i threw these together

http://www.mediafire.com/?eiztlcynyb2 (files are a little too big to attach to the post)

Sorry. I must have missed this post earlier. I downloaded the icons, but I can't view them. I don't know how to create or modify an icon. I'm going to let this go for right now. Maybe I'll come back to it later.

I have to learn more about how to reshack the exe to change the icons, then maybe we can get your icons into the exe.

Thanks for your help. :)

Replace Icons.

Firefox uses 3 kind of icons.

Index No: 0 => Basic icon. Shown on links

Index No: 1 => File icons. Shown on html files.

Index No: 32512 => Shown on program windows left up corner.

Basicly icon0 and icon32512 are same.

For example if you renamed your 2 icon files as 0.ico and 1.ico

In command promt:

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite firefox.exe, firefox.exe, 0.ico, Icon,0, => This will replace main icon

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite firefox.exe, firefox.exe, 1.ico, Icon,1, => This will replace html file icon

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite firefox.exe, firefox.exe, 0.ico, Icon,32512, => This will replace program windows left up corner icon

All DoNE. Icons replaced.

All informations can be found on ResHacker Help file, under Commandline Scripting topic

U may use a res file included all icons in one file.

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite firefox.exe, firefox.exe, icons.res,,, => This will replace all icons in res file.

Thanks jonnyboy for vista compatibility and silent installer option.

btw the bookmark selection option in your addon maker program does not work, checked it again. My bookmarks are stored in default location of firefox, and no bookmark manager. Everytime i deselect the bookmark option, they still get installed (addon maker ignores that option) maybe it does not work only on vista (did not try it on xp, but i guess it works on xp thats why people have not reported this bug)

please look into this.

Thank you very much for this awesome program and update.

Edited by shahed