[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

I tried creating both FF 2 SSE2 opt builds and each time it created this Firefox_{ayakawa}_3.0.2pre_Silent.exe

and I chose v2 each time and got 3.0 ?

the wbat.com does not work properly on every system. That is the program being used in v0.45x that creates the menu system. It's behavior is at the least, weird. I'm updating an older script and discontinuing the use of wbat.com.

I have completed an update but, it needs some testing. If anyone would like to test and zip up the logs and the inf and send them to me. I would appreciate. There is probably some bugs. Help me out and let me see the logs so I can find the errors. If you test the addon, let me know how it turns out.

Thanks

FirefoxAddonMakerv_0.460

Edited by Jonnyboy

What version of firefox are you using?

Version 3.0 Sorry for late respond I was away.

I have completed an update but, it needs some testing. If anyone would like to test and zip up the logs and the inf and send them to me. I would appreciate. There is probably some bugs. Help me out and let me see the logs so I can find the errors. If you test the addon, let me know how it turns out.

Thanks

FirefoxAddonMakerv_0.460

I'll test this one and report back..

EDIT: I manage to make silent addon for vanilla 3.0 with all extras without any problems. I believe integration and installing would work fine (I did not test it on live or virtual machine)..

Edited by Gorki

EDIT: I manage to make silent addon for vanilla 3.0 with all extras without any problems. I believe integration and installing would work fine (I did not test it on live or virtual machine)..

Could you PM me the logs and inf files. Thx

Hi Jonnyboy great program. Is there any chance to integrate a possibility to point to a custom profile dir and to use a standard FF shortcut icon (as a choice) during app process?

If it is too much work, no problem. Thanks again.

Edited by amitri

Hi Jonnyboy great program. Is there any chance to integrate a possibility to point to a custom profile dir and to use a standard FF shortcut icon (as a choice) during app process?

If it is too much work, no problem. Thanks again.

First question - I'm not certain, but I think that the profile path is hard-coded to look for profiles.ii in thapplicatio data folder of the user. The profiles.ini points to the actual folder where the profile is located. I can play around with the addon putting that file there and see if the profile will still be created.

Second. Yes. I will add that option in.

thanks Jonnyboy,

but I have one question :- I have so many files in my profiles folder( ie many prefs.js)

and I'm not sure which one I have to choose to be on the "right side", nevertheless I chose one and it worked out well but dont know if that was my real preference. Any ideas on this issue?

second issue, the previous version was so simple and straightforward , one could easily chose which version to d/l ( not in this one)-may be you will rework this one out too.

A nice day

Edited by qwesta

FF 2.0.0.16 is out.

thanks

As soon as mozilla updates thier web page, the script will update to it. The haven't been updating all of their pages very well lately. The current version on one of their ftp's is 2.0.0.14. The current version is not always in the same place. With each new version, a different web address is updated, but not the others.

Edited by Jonnyboy

thanks Jonnyboy,

but I have one question :- I have so many files in my profiles folder( ie many prefs.js)

and I'm not sure which one I have to choose to be on the "right side", nevertheless I chose one and it worked out well but dont know if that was my real preference. Any ideas on this issue?

second issue, the previous version was so simple and straightforward , one could easily chose which version to d/l ( not in this one)-may be you will rework this one out too.

A nice day

Version 0.461 is posted.

The prefs.js file that you are looking for is the one in the top level of the profile you want to use. The new version should help out some. Because, some people have profiles in non-default locations, I had to make this change in the script.

The second issue you are referring to, could you be more clear so that I can be sure what you are asking?

Edited by Jonnyboy

Hi Jonnyboy, I think that the AddOn maker doesn't working properly. It doesn't make the AddOn based on your default language. Here's my steps:

1. I choose "yes" when ask of Firefox is installed.

2. I choose "no" when asking if I like to use all of the defaults.

3. "yes" when asking if Firefox is on the default location (%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox).

4. Then, it ask me to locate the Profiles folder (%Appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\######).

5. Then I choose option 2 (Firefox 3.0).

6. After download and extract the Installer.

7. I create the Silent Installer only with the Custom Icon.

I'm on Windows XP Professional SP3 Spanish and my Firefox 3.0 is based on the Spain language (es-ES)

Another bug that I found is that the Silent installer creates two entries on the Add/Remove Programs, here's a screenshot:

sshot1nw1.png

And it seems that is the "Mozilla Firefox (3.0)" entry that need to be removed, because when I chose "Remove" is just deletes it from the list.

Edited by pppx00

Oh, another question. There's another way to make the custom AddOn? I mean, I would like to keep my current components, plug-ins, dictionaries, etc.. but without copy the entire profile (when you choose "yes" when it ask if you have Firefox installed). I followed the other option after choose "No" when it asked me if I have Firefox installed, but that doesn't work because I think that it doesn't look on your current components, plug-ins, dictionaries, etc... that you have on your existing Firefox installation. I'm kinda confused here, why is the AddOn maker asking if you wanna add those things if is supposed that you haven't Firefox installed?

This is what I did when I choose "no": (My Firefox installation has 2 dictionaries, Adblock Plus and some changes on the preferences)

1. Is Firefox installed? No

2. I select Firefox 3.0 for download (and again doesn't download the proper language)

3. After download and extract the installer, my next options are:

• Bookmarks: no
  • Passwords: no
  • Cookies: no
  • History: no
  • Preferences: yes
  • Extensions: yes
  • Plugins: yes
  • Components: no
  • Disable Migration Wizard: yes
  • Edit install.rdf: yes
  • Search plugins: no
  • Copy dictionaries: yes
  • Edit Reg file: no
  • Create Silent Installer: yes
  • Silent Addon: no
  • Inf Addon: no
  • Custom icon: yes

The result: Just make a Silent Installer of a pure clean Firefox installation (no preferences, no extensions, no dictionaries).

Hope that it helps to make this AddOn more perfect ;).

Edited by pppx00

The Is Installed was linking incorrectly, you shouldn't have most of the options if not installed in selected.

It's already been fixed in the next update. I've been waiting to see if there were any other bugs, before posting the update. The language issue is the only bug that I wasn't aware of, oh and the double entry. I caused that by putting the reg pointers to the helper.exe back in. I'll remove them and the helper.exe.

Thanks for the heads up.

Oh yeah. One more thing. Could you PM me the logs.

thx

PSS

I write most of this and the script while driving down the road. So, sometimes I make typos and sometimes I miss things.

lol

Edited by Jonnyboy

I choose option "4" -"Ayakawa 3.0", but it downloads "Firefox Setup 2.0.0.16.exe" and "firefox-ce-3.0.2pre-ayakawa-080704-PGU.7z".... BTW since version 0.460 it stucks on "Copying Personal Files..." stage (i choose Ayakawa 3.0, Silent Installer).

Edited by lsrkin

Thanks Johnnyboy for all updates, you're way too quick for me to follow. However I found some little bugs:

-0.461: could not browse for folder appdata (choosing a profile) if Hidden files and folders are not shown in sistem

-0.462: somehow app stops at first screen (probable cause: internet proxy?)

Thanks and keep up the good work.

I choose option "4" -"Ayakawa 3.0", but it downloads "Firefox Setup 2.0.0.16.exe" and "firefox-ce-3.0.2pre-ayakawa-080704-PGU.7z".... BTW since version 0.460 it stucks on "Copying Personal Files..." stage (i choose Ayakawa 3.0, Silent Installer).

Thanks for the heads up. fixed it and posted an update.

Thanks Johnnyboy for all updates, you're way too quick for me to follow. However I found some little bugs:

-0.461: could not browse for folder appdata (choosing a profile) if Hidden files and folders are not shown in sistem

-0.462: somehow app stops at first screen (probable cause: internet proxy?)

Thanks and keep up the good work.

hmmm.... I could write a script to unhide hidden files, but I don't think that I want to monkey with other peoples systems. I'll just add a comment to the next version. thx

Does the app stop forever? Let me know. I don't use proxies but, so I don't know how to work with them. I am behind a firewall and router with no problems, though.

***EDIT***

I'll see if I can write a popup for you to change the setting to show hidden files.

Edited by Jonnyboy