[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

I have just glanced at the logs and 2 things could be wrong. The most likely is that Mozilla has added a few reg entries with 3.0.3 and I have not yet finished my update that will incorporate any changes from that. The other possibility is the path chosen to install into. I will look into both as I complete the update.

cool, thanks!

With some help, I could translate this into other languages.

If you would like it translated, PM me.

Also, I have found a way to install the profile into any folder and using any name. I will be adding this and more to the next version.

If you would like me to add something, let me know.

Edited by Jonnyboy

new version looks really good.

i've a suggestion about something. maybe you could include a note about "With some help, I could translate this into other languages." on the front page? you might get more people to notice if its located on your first post :)

new version looks really good.

i've a suggestion about something. maybe you could include a note about "With some help, I could translate this into other languages." on the front page? you might get more people to notice if its located on your first post :)

Good suggestion. I will do that.

Thanks

New version looks really good and that's all. It doesn't work for me. It's picked up files - ff setup and ff build - and created bin folder. I have announcement all is done and I have any file, silent or addon. It must be a bug somewhere.

New version looks really good and that's all. It doesn't work for me. It's picked up files - ff setup and ff build - and created bin folder. I have announcement all is done and I have any file, silent or addon. It must be a bug somewhere.

please post the log files

This may not work for you if you are using an OS other than English. I am working on localization. But, will take some time.

***EDIT***

I have found a solution. As soon as tested, I will post.

Edited by Jonnyboy

version 0.501 posted

Changelog

v0.501 - 11-09-08

-fixed issue with localization

-fixed downloading only en-US

-fixed issue with global extensions

just tired this version, and getting error as shown here

errorbp4.th.jpg

Edited by qwesta

just tired this version, and getting error as shown here

errorbp4.th.jpg

That error is usually caused by rerunning the script a second time. I thought that I had it fixed. For now, press F5 before running a second time. Or, close the program and re-open. The next update will close the program.

Thanks

That error is usually caused by rerunning the script a second time. I thought that I had it fixed. For now, press F5 before running a second time. Or, close the program and re-open. The next update will close the program.

Thanks

testing now to see if it fixes my issues with registry entries...

also maybe a suggestion... not sure if it's easy to take care of or not... but I would prefer if this used 16422 instead of 24 and you just specify the subdir of programfiles for it to install to. I am also a little confused about global/user extensions... I guess I don't know as much about firefox as I thought... I only use my admin account, so which extensions folder should I point the builder to?

version 0.501 posted

Changelog

v0.501 - 11-09-08

-fixed issue with localization

-fixed downloading only en-US

-fixed issue with global extensions

Dude! Duuude! Respect! This works awesome! Now, if you could just add some sort of progress indicator during the addon making process...

Thanks! You kick ass.

testing now to see if it fixes my issues with registry entries...

also maybe a suggestion... not sure if it's easy to take care of or not... but I would prefer if this used 16422 instead of 24 and you just specify the subdir of programfiles for it to install to. I am also a little confused about global/user extensions... I guess I don't know as much about firefox as I thought... I only use my admin account, so which extensions folder should I point the builder to?

I will not change from 24 to 16422. There are many people that prefer to install to somewhere other than %ProgramFiles%. That would not be possible if I use 16422. Also, I do not want to parse your install folder to determine if it is in %ProgramFiles% or not.

One more thing, 16422 is the wrong "correct" folder in 64-bit systems.

Global extensions installs your extensions in Firefox\extensions folder, not in your profile\extensions folder. Global makes them accessible for every profile(shared), not just yours. The extensions data is saved in your profile, that is not shared between profiles.

You do not point the script to the extensions folder, it will find them. You point to the profile you want to use. The script does not care if you, currently, are using "Global" extensions or not. It will gather all extensions from both locations and placed them in the appropriate place for the installer.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Dude! Duuude! Respect! This works awesome! Now, if you could just add some sort of progress indicator during the addon making process...

Thanks! You kick ass.

I am working on installing your profile, in any folder. After that, I will get the progress indicator.

And thanks

Thanks

sorry tried it over 5 times here, same story. tried also to check/uncheck global.. all in vain

I may have to wait for another fix( 500 version works nevertheless)

sorry tried it over 5 times here, same story. tried also to check/uncheck global.. all in vain

I may have to wait for another fix( 500 version works nevertheless)

send me the logs

It is failing during a copy operation. I need the logs to see which one it failed at.

Thanks

Edited by Jonnyboy

I will not change from 24 to 16422. There are many people that prefer to install to somewhere other than %ProgramFiles%. That would not be possible if I use 16422. Also, I do not want to parse your install folder to determine if it is in %ProgramFiles% or not.

One more thing, 16422 is the wrong "correct" folder in 64-bit systems.

Global extensions installs your extensions in Firefox\extensions folder, not in your profile\extensions folder. Global makes them accessible for every profile(shared), not just yours. The extensions data is saved in your profile, that is not shared between profiles.

You do not point the script to the extensions folder, it will find them. You point to the profile you want to use. The script does not care if you, currently, are using "Global" extensions or not. It will gather all extensions from both locations and placed them in the appropriate place for the installer.

ahh, well you know things I do not... I am fine with editing the inf for myself once addon has been built... I wouldn't have even asked if I had known...

thanks for the clarification on the extensions folders... I gotcha loud and clear on that one now!

thanks again for a superior addon!!!

ahh, well you know things I do not... I am fine with editing the inf for myself once addon has been built... I wouldn't have even asked if I had known...

thanks for the clarification on the extensions folders... I gotcha loud and clear on that one now!

thanks again for a superior addon!!!

Why do you need to edit it? Does it not install to the location that you desire?

Why do you need to edit it? Does it not install to the location that you desire?

no, I'll leave that part as is... I just add shortcut in one other place...

EDIT: P.S. I also noticed during windows setup that it tried to open firefox and was directed to www.filebox.com/[installation_folder_path] that may not have been the exact site or whatever but it was something similar, so I also added a postsetupcommand to kill firefox.exe, and that took care of the browser window opening... I don't know if that was just some weird fluke that only happened that one time... but since adding the post setup cmd to kill firefox.exe I haven't seen the window open...

Edited by benjammin