[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

I'll try to put out an update this weekend. No promises. But, I'll try.

Thanks Jonny.

I was just letting you know. I am still using the last version before you changed the format (.476) due to too many issues with the new one.

I noticed I wasn't the only one wondering about the Adobe Reader Plugin that's why I said something.

For the Firefox installation folder, is it possible to have it install to the drive that the OS is installed on? Like suppose you installed windows on the D: drive, then it would install on that drive... Sorry if this sounds stupid. Thanks.

Edited by yiuc1

For the Firefox installation folder, is it possible to have it install to the drive that the OS is installed on? Like suppose you installed windows on the D: drive, then it would install on that drive... Sorry if this sounds stupid. Thanks.

Firefox will be installed to the the drive the OS is installed to. I do not know of any way to make it install to a drive other the the OS drive, that will also work during an unattended install.

Firefox will be installed to the the drive the OS is installed to. I do not know of any way to make it install to a drive other the the OS drive, that will also work during an unattended install.

Thanks. I guess the "installation folder" option is for the silent installer then and doesn't affect the addon?

Vanilla firefox works but I couldn't get ayakawa's to work. I installed MS visual c++ 2008 sp1 redistributable package like you said in the first post and the windows script 5.7 installer said that it wasn't needed. After installation either using the addon or the silent installer, it would give me this error when I try to start firefox:

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity

Line Number 34, Column 1:

<window id="main-window"

^

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks. I guess the "installation folder" option is for the silent installer then and doesn't affect the addon?

Vanilla firefox works but I couldn't get ayakawa's to work. I installed MS visual c++ 2008 sp1 redistributable package like you said in the first post and the windows script 5.7 installer said that it wasn't needed. After installation either using the addon or the silent installer, it would give me this error when I try to start firefox:

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity

Line Number 34, Column 1:

<window id="main-window"

^

Anybody else have this problem?

I had this problem with Ayakawa's version also. Even if I extracted it and tried to run it, I still received the error.

The installation folder works, no matter what installer you build.

Oh, I see...so even you could get Ayakawa to work :sweatingbullets:

I tried to install the tete and the pigfoot build and got this error for both:

[Javascript application] error launching browser window:no xbl binding for browser

This is so frustrating :ranting: I'm going to try to use tete and pigfoot as an addon to see if I get the same error...

Please assist me and look for bugs. When this update is complete, this may be the last for a month or 2.

I still have more to do, but this fixes quite a few of the known bugs.

Please post any bugs you find so that I can finish the update.

Firefox Addon Maker v 0.516

Known issues:

If setting as default and not creating shortcuts on desktop or quicklaunch, they are created by Firefox when setting as default.

Still need to add Foxit plugin.

Ayakawa 3.1pre* not working.

Update Posted v0.516

v0.516 - 1-19-09

-added reg settings to clean most common registry entries of previoulsy installed Firefox versions prior to installing Firefox and after uninstalling Firefox

-fixed issue with right-click\install of "True" addon not copying firefox.inf to %17%

-added additional Ayakawa Versions

-added French language translation

-began cleaning up logfile

-fixed issue with extensions when there are 2 versions of the same extension on the system, the older version would be installed

-resolved (not fixed) issue with Ayakawa version 3.1b3pre crashing. This version is not compatible with the Vanilla 3.0.5 language files. The language files from Vanilla 3.0.5 are causing the crash.

-fixed issue when downgrading from 3.0.x to 2.0.0.x would cause crash in pigfoot version

-no longer copying unnecessary components

NOTES:

Ayakawa's 3.1* still not working

If set as default, the shortcuts on desktop and quicklaunch will be created automatically

I have not added the Foxit Reader plugin.

That is all that I have time for right now. I hope that I have fixed all of the bugs.

running your app on a fresh install of Windows XP SP3 x86, with the following installed:

# Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

# Windows Script 5.7 (part of SP3, verified)

# Internet Explorer 6 and IE7 both tested

# Internet Connection

# dotnet 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5

When I run the app I get an HTA error:

"Internet Explorer Script Error"

"An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 3177

Char: 2

Error: invalid syntax

Code: 0

URL: file:///C:/FireFoxCustom/Firefox.hta

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

running your app on a fresh install of Windows XP SP3 x86, with the following installed:

# Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

# Windows Script 5.7 (part of SP3, verified)

# Internet Explorer 6 and IE7 both tested

# Internet Connection

# dotnet 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5

When I run the app I get an HTA error:

"Internet Explorer Script Error"

Line: 3177

Error: invalid syntax

URL: file:///C:/FireFoxCustom/Firefox.hta

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

Send me the log and I'll look at it.

Update Posted v0.516

v0.516 - 1-19-09

-added reg settings to clean most common registry entries of previoulsy installed Firefox versions prior to installing Firefox and after uninstalling Firefox

-fixed issue with right-click\install of "True" addon not copying firefox.inf to %17%

-added additional Ayakawa Versions

-added French language translation

-began cleaning up logfile

-fixed issue with extensions when there are 2 versions of the same extension on the system, the older version would be installed

-resolved (not fixed) issue with Ayakawa version 3.1b3pre crashing. This version is not compatible with the Vanilla 3.0.5 language files. The language files from Vanilla 3.0.5 are causing the crash.

-fixed issue when downgrading from 3.0.x to 2.0.0.x would cause crash in pigfoot version

-no longer copying unnecessary components

No complains... I love it! :giveheart:

Thanks Jonnyboy!

Please post any bugs you find so that I can finish the update.

FYI, the full installation procedures (shortcuts, %ProgramFiles% destination, etc.) have not been built into the installer. Your SFX script only contains the following at this point:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=Firefox.hta

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Edited by Uncle_Gadget

FYI, the full installation procedures (shortcuts, %ProgramFiles% destination, etc.) have not been built into the installer. Your SFX script only contains the following at this point:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=Firefox.hta

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

I reverted back to the original of working in the current directory and forget to note in the changelog. There were too many complaints.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, me again. At first try, had no problem at all then I tried a second time then here's what it says:

Line: 668

Error: Procedure call or argument invalid: Left

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Johnny Thunders/Desktop/Firefox.hta

What i did notice is that it happens everytime the prog starts to update and get stuck right after "Ayakawa's Firefox 3.1b3pre".

All the best, Bok.

I will post an update as soon as possible.

Thanks

***EDIT***

tete has followed the example of Ayakawa and removed\discontinued the posting of 2.0.0.x versions of Firefox.

pigfoot has also discontinued creating 2.0.0.x versions of Firefox.

I will post a quick update today, but I will be reworking this to remove the 2.0.0.x versions of the optimized Firefox and leave only the Vanilla of the 2.0.0.x version.

Also, I need to add links for the current 3.1b version of Vanilla Firefox.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Guest DennyMK

Hi Jonnyboy, I've seen the text for translation and I wanted to translate the text in macedonian language, but, the words or the sentances in macedonian language are much longer. Will that effect in cutting parts of the words, sentances?

Hi Jonnyboy, I've seen the text for translation and I wanted to translate the text in macedonian language, but, the words or the sentances in macedonian language are much longer. Will that effect in cutting parts of the words, sentances?

The same occurs with some of the French strings. Do the translation and I will make changes as necessary to accommodate the longer strings.

Thanks

quick fix posted v0.517

-fixed broken links for 2.0.0.x optimized versions of Firefox.

Thanx for the quick fix @Jonnyboy. I will test it as soon as possible and i will let you know about the result ...