[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

I realize that some of the problems with understanding how to use this script is the language barrier. I am working on a way to, when you select a language, re-write the entire interface into the proper language. As soon as I get it right, I will begin asking for help your help in translating.

Of course, If I can find a way to get the script to determine the language, that would be even better.

***EDIT***

I have found how to determine the language of your installed OS

***EDIT***

Html is new to me, but what I need to be able to do is every text string that is displayed needs to be converted to a variable. Some of the strings can be changed easily, some i do not know how to do. If you have the skills with html and have to time to give me some assistance, I would appreciate it.

Edited by Jonnyboy

just for asking

i was working on some inf working that requires firefox

but since firefox place changes i tried to look for a registry to describe it`s place

but i found out that the registry from your addon is only uninstall registry so i got a question

does the official installer add the same registry or it`s changed in your addon

Edit:

hmm i installed the original version and the registry was "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mozilla Firefox (3.0.4)" not as your addon "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FireFox"

so another question doesn't firefox installs any registry that might guide me to the right place?

Edited by DaRk MaDnEsS

just for asking

i was working on some inf working that requires firefox

but since firefox place changes i tried to look for a registry to describe it`s place

but i found out that the registry from your addon is only uninstall registry so i got a question

does the official installer add the same registry or it`s changed in your addon

Edit:

hmm i installed the original version and the registry was "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mozilla Firefox (3.0.4)" not as your addon "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FireFox"

so another question doesn't firefox installs any registry that might guide me to the right place?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox]

That is the location that, prior to v0.50, I inserted the the path to. I no longer set Firefox as default by inserting the registry entries. I only add the uninstaller entries and when Firefox is set as default, firefox.exe will insert the entries into the registry.

Hope that helps.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox]

That is the location that, prior to v0.50, I inserted the the path to. I no longer set Firefox as default by inserting the registry entries. I only add the uninstaller entries and when Firefox is set as default, firefox.exe will insert the entries into the registry.

Hope that helps.

well hmm

i set my firefox to default

another question

when it get installed silently by your addon or by original installer

does this [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox] gets installed before running the program or not ?

I forgot to tell this to anyone. Sorry.

-CreateProfile "profile_name profile_dir" <-- This is the command used to create the profile, if you choose a name or a path

NOTE: profile_dir must not exist and you must not already have a profile called profile_name.

Also, the folder path, that you choose, can NOT be the default location.

well hmm

i set my firefox to default

another question

when it get installed silently by your addon or by original installer

does this [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox] gets installed before running the program or not ?

Firefox's Installer inserts that when it installs the program. I do not insert any longer. I thought that when Firefox is set as default, it would add that registry entry. I just checked, it does not. I may add those registry entries back in.

***EDIT***

If anyone finds them necessary, I will.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Firefox's Installer inserts that when it installs the program. I do not insert any longer. I thought that when Firefox is set as default, it would add that registry entry. I just checked, it does not. I may add those registry entries back in.

***EDIT***

If anyone finds them necessary, I will.

well here is the deal i`m working on my IDM Addon

so i was trying to fix the Intergation with FireFox as it sometimes

doesn't work well so i`m going to install that IDM CC extension to firefox

so i wanted to make IDM Check if firefox installed or not

that why i needed the registry if it doesn't make a problem can you add this Entries plz :sweatingbullets:

Edit:

seems that i found a little fix to intergate the Extension and fix the problem :confused02: by only some commands so no need for this now (but if any one wants ...) so sorry if i made you do some work on nothing :(

Edited by DaRk MaDnEsS

Ok, I have finally figured how to turn the text into variable strings and display the strings according to country code. It will take a little time to rewrite the hta and convert all of the text to strings. But, as soon as I am done. I will post the list of strings that need to be translated. Once translated, I will add them into the script.

Hi

I've just tried V0.515 and noticed some very little "bugs" : even not selecting Quick launch and Desktop icons, they are created.

No more errors when closing temporary files.

As said in PM on MSFN, I will translate strings in French as soon as they'll be available.

About the Start Menu shortcut : wouldn't it be better to have an input box to enter a custom folder instead of selection boxes ?

Again, thanks for this great app (even if I don't use it because ot the installation path not correponding to my needs).

Hi

I've just tried V0.515 and noticed some very little "bugs" : even not selecting Quick launch and Desktop icons, they are created.

No more errors when closing temporary files.

As said in PM on MSFN, I will translate strings in French as soon as they'll be available.

About the Start Menu shortcut : wouldn't it be better to have an input box to enter a custom folder instead of selection boxes ?

Again, thanks for this great app (even if I don't use it because ot the installation path not correponding to my needs).

Send me the logs, so I can see why the are being created. I may add an input box for path.

Thanks

The problem is somewhere is language. I will spend a little time and find it.

***EDIT***

Looking at the inf, the only profileitems in the inf are Start Menu\Programs\Internet.

They may be created by firefox.exe when running setdefaultbrowser.

I will look into it.

***EDIT***

There are being created when setting firefox as default browser. I will add some script to delete those if they were not selected. I don't know if it will make it into the next version or not.

Thanks

It has been posted in the first post. Once you translated each line, please PM them to me. Please keep each line separate.
I will add a text box to set the folder. Edited by Jonnyboy

Maybe its' just me? When I install Firefox it modifies my default UserName by adding ."ComputerName" to the end of it. My user name happens to be Administrator, so I end up with %UserProfile% taking me to %53%\Administrator.ComputerName\. But Firefox is installed in %53%\Administrator\.?

I noticed in the inf it remembers the user name from the computer the addon was created from. Shouldn't this be a username variable? like 53 which is Root\Documents and Settings\UserName.

Also, Even though I install all updates and restart firefox and the computer before making the addon, during installation it says 3 new addons have been installed and they are incompatible with firefox 3.0.4. The updates were installed prior to addon creation. Also the edit rdf files was checked and every other addon is set to 3.0.*.

Any suggestions?

Maybe its' just me? When I install Firefox it modifies my default UserName by adding ."ComputerName" to the end of it. My user name happens to be Administrator, so I end up with %UserProfile% taking me to %53%\Administrator.ComputerName\. But Firefox is installed in %53%\Administrator\.?

I noticed in the inf it remembers the user name from the computer the addon was created from. Shouldn't this be a username variable? like 53 which is Root\Documents and Settings\UserName.

Also, Even though I install all updates and restart firefox and the computer before making the addon, during installation it says 3 new addons have been installed and they are incompatible with firefox 3.0.4. The updates were installed prior to addon creation. Also the edit rdf files was checked and every other addon is set to 3.0.*.

Any suggestions?

I am not aware of your computername being any place in the inf. I would need to see this. Send me the logs.

Let me explain how the the profile creation process works. This script does not create the profile. It is created by firefox.exe, in the manner provided by Firefox.

First, if you want your profile created in the default location, with a randomly generated profile name, then leave leave both areas blank.

Second, if you want to name your profile and keep it in the default location, then provide only the name, not the path.

Third, if you want to name your profile and the path the complete both fields.

Remember, it is not a good idea to create a profile in an %APPDATA% path, because, unless that username already exists when you install Firefox, then Firefox will create that path. The problem is, that when you create that user, the path will not be as expected, because the expected path already exists. So, the user will be a assigned another path., thus making the profile that you installed, useless.

The inf only uses the username, if you assigned that path that includes a username. Remember, the addon maker creates addon's of your current installatin. To be used on your next install. It will install the profile where you tell it too, just as if you run the command yourself.

I can look at using a variable for the username, if you still intend to use it. I may add script to disallow certain paths. Since, using a path that already exists will cause the profile creation to fail.

***EDIT***

Also, the %APPDATA% paths, I think, are different for languages other than English. So, to script that, for every possibility could prove very difficult. But, not impossible. It is just something that I do not have the time to look at right now.

As far as the rest of the problems, I need the logs and the extension names. Also, the install.rdf files from those extensions.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Today, I start my vacation. I will be gone for 2 weeks. Please continue to post any bugs and\or requests and I'll will catch up as soon as I return. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks

~Jonnyboy

Edited by Jonnyboy

When i install created switchless installer, this installs straight to Program Files (x86), not to Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox. In root of Program Files (x86) i have Firefox.exe and other files with directories. Its too messy. Otherwise thanks for this creator.

One of the options when creating your swichless installer is where to install. Choose Program Files\Mozilla Firefox and your problem will be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello i have a problem.. i can't uninstall firefox from control panel it gives me an error... like it cannot find tskill.. ? why? i found that your prcedent version of fire fox addon maker was working great and better than the new one... Sorry it just my thought... And another thing.. i've the splash plugin set by default, so when firefox is installing it starts the splash screen and then close it... too bad..

And in the program folder there are no firefox files, except plugin folder...

Did i do anything wrong with the addon maker...? thanks for your time in advance..