[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

I have been working alot, lately. Much more than usual. I have not had any time to work on this. As far as I can tell, v0.48 works properly and is posted a few posts back. But, I am unhappy with so many options in the batch file.

I need a few solid hours to complete it using an HTA as the front-end, instead of using a batch file. The HTA will make the process smoother and easier to understand, but it will require IE to be installed.

For now, with my current work load, I can not say when I will have it completed.

Sooner rather than later, I hope. :)

I want to install Ayakawa build, Can I simply use Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package?

Requirements

Ayakawa's SSE2 versions requires M$ Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

I think Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package will do the trick.

I'm not sure if this is my problem, or a problem with the addon. I cannot open a pdf in firefox. I tried reinstalling from mozilla source. Still says cannot open pdf with this plugin try closing adobe reader, and restart firefox.

I did find that if I delete the Adobe Plugin (nppdf32.dll) from "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\Plugins" it changes the plugin directory to "%ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Browser" and it works fine.

I just noticed that after reinstalling Adobe Reader it changes the plugin back to Firefox.

Not sure if this helps fix a bug? or if something is just screwy with my system. This is a clean install on a real machine. Firefox was installed before Adobe Reader.

I'm not sure if this is my problem, or a problem with the addon. I cannot open a pdf in firefox. I tried reinstalling from mozilla source. Still says cannot open pdf with this plugin try closing adobe reader, and restart firefox.

I did find that if I delete the Adobe Plugin (nppdf32.dll) from "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\Plugins" it changes the plugin directory to "%ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Browser" and it works fine.

I just noticed that after reinstalling Adobe Reader it changes the plugin back to Firefox.

Not sure if this helps fix a bug? or if something is just screwy with my system. This is a clean install on a real machine. Firefox was installed before Adobe Reader.

The Adobe Reader Plugin for Firefox(alone) is not working. The complete installation needs to be used(95 MB installed). I am looking for an alternative PDF Reader plugin for Firefox, but have been unsuccessful.

I am open to suggestions for alternatives. The only requirement is that it work as a plugin and open within Firefox.

Otherwise, I will just remove the Adobe Reader Plugin altogether.

The Adobe Reader Plugin for Firefox(alone) is not working. The complete installation needs to be used(95 MB installed). I am looking for an alternative PDF Reader plugin for Firefox, but have been unsuccessful.

I am open to suggestions for alternatives. The only requirement is that it work as a plugin and open within Firefox.

I have Full Adobe Reader Installed, the plugin still "did not" allow me to open in the browser. It also didn't give the option to save or open. tried to save the target and it still opened it and gave the same error.

Until I deleted the file from the firefox plugins directory. Then Firefox added the plugin again and it works

I would delete the plugin IF anyone else is having these issues. Otherwise leave it be.

not sure if these will help https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/636

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Openin...+within+Firefox

also if people use foxit, or pdf-xchange viewer those two come with a firefox plugin i believe http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/P...ols/pdfx_viewer

@ccl0

Thanks, I have checked these out and Foxit is not free or at least requires the user to sign up for for crap-ware.

pdf-xchange is an excellent replacement of Adobe Reader, but it does not open the pdf within Firefox, it creates an external window.

@thedexmonster

That is correct. My implementation of the Adobe Reader plugin does not work. It will be removed. I am looking for an alternative. When installing Adobe Reader 9.0, it automatically installs the plugin - but, not in Firefox. It keeps its plugin in its own folder within the install folder. Therefore, adding the plugin to the Firefox Builder is not necessary.

I do not want to include the installation of additional software with the Firefox Builder. Adding Adobe Reader - Full installation would add about 35 MB to the addon. Unless I can find a stand-alone plug-in for viewing pdf files - even if it is dependant on additional software. It will have to remove it completely.

@ccl0

Thanks, I have checked these out and Foxit is not free or at least requires the user to sign up for for crap-ware.

pdf-xchange is an excellent replacement of Adobe Reader, but it does not open the pdf within Firefox, it creates an external window.

actually foxit IS free. and theres no crapware.. not sure where you got that from. theres a 'pro' version thats not free, but i've been using the free one for a couple years now. theres one with a 'toolbar' (which might be what you are referring to?) and one without http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

edit: i saw you didnt want to include additional software. i'm not sure if theres just a plugin from foxit in there or not.

not sure about that pdf addon either, i've never used it but that looked like the best one i found on the mozilla site

Edited by ccl0

hmm actually it looks like they (maybe?) disabled the firefox plugin until the next release.. which according to this post http://www.foxitsoft.com/bbs/showthread.ph...7737&page=3 should be at the end of this month

Not too long to wait - I'll post an update removing Adobe Reader plugin and as soon as Foxit posts their plugin I will add it to this.

thanks ccl0 for finding this

Edited by Jonnyboy

Well, I have finally crossed the first hurdle. In order to convert this script to an hta, I first needed to convert the batch file processes to vbscript. The one that was stumping me, the process that creates the inf itself, has been completed.

So, I'm one step closer to competing it.

• 4 weeks later...

having some trouble... after making addon and testing it... after it installs everything loads fine but...

1. it asks to be default (I had already selected this option)

2. when closing firefox with multiple tabs open and then reopening it again asks to be default browser and also doesn't remember the tabs that were previously opened (this option is set in the settings though)

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

if I run the firefox installer after installing the inf addon, it fixes both these problems...

having some trouble... after making addon and testing it... after it installs everything loads fine but...

1. it asks to be default (I had already selected this option)

2. when closing firefox with multiple tabs open and then reopening it again asks to be default browser and also doesn't remember the tabs that were previously opened (this option is set in the settings though)

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

if I run the firefox installer after installing the inf addon, it fixes both these problems...

Send me the logs and I will look into it.

Thanks

yup, sorry forgot about those... doh!

I have just glanced at the logs and 2 things could be wrong. The most likely is that Mozilla has added a few reg entries with 3.0.3 and I have not yet finished my update that will incorporate any changes from that. The other possibility is the path chosen to install into. I will look into both as I complete the update.