[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

the lastest version doesn't seem to work.

1 it says flash not found thou i am sure i have it installed.

2 No addon actually created, or I can't seem to find them

Has this problem been fixed? I have experienced this error since .465.

It says flash not found, then later it says 'found' is not a program.

(or something along those lines, it's trying to run found as a program. I'm assuming from the line: flash not found).

Has this problem been fixed? I have experienced this error since .465.

It says flash not found, then later it says 'found' is not a program.

(or something along those lines, it's trying to run found as a program. I'm assuming from the line: flash not found).

I have fixed every bug that I have been notified of. Also, if you have a failure, please pm me the logs. I can usually find the problem by looking at the logs.

***EDIT***

The only way I can find the bug is with the logs. It works on all my test systems. I need the logs t help me find why it doesn't work on yours.

Edited by Jonnyboy

update posted v0.474

-added Media Player Plugin 1.0.0.8

-added Office 2007 Plugin 12.0.4518.1014

-added QuickTime Player Plugin 7.4.5.67

-added RealPlayer LiveConnect-Enabled Plugin 6.0.11.2852

-added RealPlayer Plugin 6.0.12.1662

-added Adobe PDF Plugin 8.1.0.137

-added Adobe Shockwave Plugin11.0.0.465

-added Macromedia Authorware Plugin 2004.0.0.1

-fixed typos

Out of curiosity, I tested on VPC and I got into an endless loop prompting me to select probably my profile folder. Unfortunately, I hit 'enter' at the question and it opens a file dialog box, expecting me to browse to \Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla etc. The folder is hidden from view by default. Hence unable to browse to the intended folder.

Pressing cancel button repeatingly doesn't help stopping the "file open dialog box" . I had to process close it.

Attached is a quick videoshot. http://www.uploading.com/files/V2FAV0WK/LoopError.7z.html

Perhaps you would like to unhide this folder prior to selecting the profile folder, for easier selection.

Out of curiosity, I tested on VPC and I got into an endless loop prompting me to select probably my profile folder. Unfortunately, I hit 'enter' at the question and it opens a file dialog box, expecting me to browse to \Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla etc. The folder is hidden from view by default. Hence unable to browse to the intended folder.

Pressing cancel button repeatingly doesn't help stopping the "file open dialog box" . I had to process close it.

Attached is a quick videoshot. http://www.uploading.com/files/V2FAV0WK/LoopError.7z.html

Perhaps you would like to unhide this folder prior to selecting the profile folder, for easier selection.

There is already a script to test and for and change that setting. Could you send me the logs, so that I can see why that failed for you.

Thank you

**EDIT**

The script only checks this key of the value "0", "0" equals files are hidden

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Hidden

I have seen and was aware of the usage of "2" for this value. It is my understanding that a value of "2" was caused by a worm, WORM_VIRKEL.B. and OnLineGames.5339@net This is the reason that I did not include the "2" in the check and you probably have a value of "2" in this key. This does not mean that you have been infected by this worm. Because, I have also read in many, many tutorials that you should change that same value to "2", instead of using "0" or "1". I am a novice at these reg tweaks, therefore I may be wrong. But, I don't think that I will change the script to test for the value "2" in this key.

I have been unable to locate the correct values of this key as published by M$. I can, of course, be persuaded to change the script, if I could locate the correct values for this key.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Thanks for the input. I'm just wondering if I have made some wrong input, causing unexpected behaviour.

From the videoshot, am I suppose to navigate to my profile folder or the Firefox program folder?

Just a sudden thought:

It would be useful (for 1st time user) if you can made screenshot explaning what each screen you would expect the user to give correct input (to avoid any unexpected input) or videoshot showing how to use your firefox builder. :P

You can take a look here. (see item 155) It is a vbs code you may consider in unhiding folders/files. (not sure will work in Vista).

If I manage to build the addon successfully, as it is uninstallable, does it mean also this version can't be update online when newer version is available? If it can be updated online, will it still remain uninstallable?

As far as I know, some extensions are not compatible for newer version when performing online update. Can these extensions be uninstall if found not compatible?

If cannot uninstall automatically, anyway to uninstall manually? Sorry for asking so many questions. :D

Thanks for the input. I'm just wondering if I have made some wrong input, causing unexpected behaviour.

From the videoshot, am I suppose to navigate to my profile folder or the Firefox program folder?

I agree, that that section is a bit vague. I will add further instructions. But, at the top of the popup window, it tells where to navigate to.
Just a sudden thought:

It would be useful (for 1st time user) if you can made screenshot explaning what each screen you would expect the user to give correct input (to avoid any unexpected input) or videoshot showing how to use your firefox builder. :P

For each popup, if you enter an incorrect path, the script will notify you and ask you to do it again, showing where the correct path might be.
You can take a look here. (see item 155) It is a vbs code you may consider in unhiding folders/files. (not sure will work in Vista).
I already check for this, change if necessary and with permission , then restore when completed. There are 2 files in the bin folder that accomplish this task. In my previous post I stated that my script already checks this and why it may have failed on your system. Please send me the logs if the value in the key specified is "0"
If I manage to build the addon successfully, as it is uninstallable, does it mean also this version can't be update online when newer version is available? If it can be updated online, will it still remain uninstallable?
It will be completely uninstalled, the uninstall inf is not updated when you upgrade to another version. That uninstaller will also be available. The firefox "helper.exe" does not remove any reg entries. The 2.0.0.x version only deletes the files that it installed, nothing else. The 3.0.x version deletes the files that it installed and removes the profiles.
As far as I know, some extensions are not compatible for newer version when performing online update. Can these extensions be uninstall if found not compatible?
Yes, they can be uninstalled. The will also be disabled on first run.
If cannot uninstall automatically, anyway to uninstall manually? Sorry for asking so many questions. :D
It can be unnstalled in the normal manner. Don't worry about too many questions. If you have more, ask away.

I did not have the first log you want as I deleted the Virtual PC image. But I tried it again with another new image.

Still observed %appdata% folder is hidden. I had to unhide it manually first. Then I can get pass the profile folder

selection stage.

Now, thing seems to stop responding at "Copying Personal Files . . ." stage. (any idea how long this stage usually takes?)

A check shown the Addon (empty folder) & bin folder are created, along with log folder.

Please see my log file. Thanks

I did not have the first log you want as I deleted the Virtual PC image. But I tried it again with another new image.

Still observed %appdata% folder is hidden. I had to unhide it manually first. Then I can get pass the profile folder

selection stage.

Now, thing seems to stop responding at "Copying Personal Files . . ." stage. (any idea how long this stage usually takes?)

A check shown the Addon (empty folder) & bin folder are created, along with log folder.

Please see my log file. Thanks

Looking at the logs, it doesn't appear that the VM you were running had an internet connection. If you had, wget would have given me some sort of log. In your logs, wget gives back nothing, usually meaning failure. It would be near impossible that all web sites are down. I would guess that there was no internet connection.

As to the question posed, copying personal files takes less than a second. I include a pause in the script, just so that you know that it happened and was not missed. Copying non-personal files can take much longer depending on how many extensions you have installed.

On another note, I have completed the update. I am waiting for some information on WPI addons before I post the update. It will include an option to create a WPI ready addon.

***EDIT***

Since most people configure their wpi folder differently, it does not make sense to add that option. At least for now.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Just to get back to you a little more...

Tested your latest builder , profile folder able to show, able to build silent installer type (I'm using version 2.0.0.16).

When tested the silent installer, able to restore bookmark but none of my 28 extensions get installed.

I guess my profile folder does not have any extension. They are all stored in %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\extensions. This is because I use batch file to install all 28 extensions with command Firefox.exe -install-global-extension

I guess your builder does not look at the -install-global-extension folder. But it is okay for me. I can always re-use back my batch file to install. :)

Just to get back to you a little more...

Tested your latest builder , profile folder able to show, able to build silent installer type (I'm using version 2.0.0.16).

When tested the silent installer, able to restore bookmark but none of my 28 extensions get installed.

I guess my profile folder does not have any extension. They are all stored in %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\extensions. This is because I use batch file to install all 28 extensions with command Firefox.exe -install-global-extension

I guess your builder does not look at the -install-global-extension folder. But it is okay for me. I can always re-use back my batch file to install. :)

The script gets the extensions from both the profile and the extensions folder. Please send me the logs and I'll look at them.

Edited by Jonnyboy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm cross-eyed looking at version 0.48. If you have the time, put it through it's paces and let me know how it works. I think that I have the bugs worked out.

Also, if you have experience creating hta's and have a little free time please PM me.

Thanks to all for the assistance

Edited by Jonnyboy

I'm cross-eyed looking at version 0.48. If you have the time, put it through it's paces and let me know how it works. I think that I have the bugs worked out.

Also, if you have experience creating hta's and have a little free time please PM me.

Thanks to all for the assistance

I have just tested it and it seems to work flawless at the time

• 2 weeks later...

Oppss… it seems you are requesting a file or folder that has moved. Please view below for some other possible reasons:

Incorrectly formed link

Connection refused

Rewrite engine issue

If you continue to experience this problem, please contact the website administrator. Alternatively, review the code and find where the problem is or just the correct file here.

Link dead.

Link fixed.

@Jonnyboy

you can now use our new server for uploads. If you don't have access, please send me a PM.

Also, I've transfered all of the files from the old server to the new one, now you should only edit download links in your topics to point to hr-host.com server.