[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

i'm glad you managed to get that foxit plugin worked out. hope it wasnt TOO much trouble :P

Nope. Foxit wouldn't install into my system until I installed Firefox in the default location. So, I couldn't get the plugin until figured that one out.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Update Posted

*Forgot to add*

Changelog

v0.601 - 03-21-09

-fixed issue where when returning from help screen, the window would refresh improperly

-added option to keep extensions.ini and extension.rdf. These files store the status (disabled or not) of each extension. If these files are not present, they are regenerated, automatically.

-fixed issue where when leaving Firefox Addon Maker to Main with the title was incorrect

I have problem with Ayakawa 3.0.8pre. "Silent" was without extensions, gm_scripts and user.js. Log attached.

Ayakawa 3.1b4pre just the opposite, is full and perfect.

logfile.rar

I think that you have done a no no. You can not choose to locate the New Profile Path in the default location. If that is the location that you want it in, leave that blank. I am checking this now. Please try deleting the profile after you have installed the addon and then start Firefox. If all is well, then that was the problem.

The log shows that everything copied properly.

I will add script that will check this a invalidate if it entered as the choice.

Edited by Jonnyboy

I think that I may have found another thing that may be causing the problem. If your extensions are currently not Global and your create the installer with them as Global ( or vice versa) and you choose to keep the extensions current status, then the path to the extensions will be wrong and Firefox will not load them on startup. I will see about editing the file in that case.

*EDIT*

edit the file will only be possible if you are installing Firefox and the profile to the system drive. The future system drive ( to be installed into ) must also be the same as the current system drive. I will have to create a series of checks to determine this and invalidate if necessary.

Unfortunately, I am out of time for this session. I will get back to it as soon as I can.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Hi Jonny Boy,

I am sorry that i couldn't send you the log file before because i was very busy. Thank you for the new version. I saw that you added plugin for Foxit Reader. I have a question about the process.

Shall I first setup Foxit Reader, then set up ff. 3.07, and finally ff. Addon Maker v0.601?

Or shall i first set up ff. 3.07, then Addon Maker v0.601, and finally set up Foxit Reader? Which sequence is the correct one?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Jonny Boy,

I am sorry that i couldn't send you the log file before because i was very busy. Thank you for the new version. I saw that you added plugin for Foxit Reader. I have a question about the process.

Shall I first setup Foxit Reader, then set up ff. 3.07, and finally ff. Addon Maker v0.601?

Or shall i first set up ff. 3.07, then Addon Maker v0.601, and finally set up Foxit Reader? Which sequence is the correct one?

Thank you very much for your help.

Foxit Reader must be installed before the plugin will work. The plugin only allows you to read a pdf inside of firefox. The order in which you set things up, should not matter.

@johnnyboy

thanks for implementing my request.

however when I run your software I get an IE script error at line 736 char 2: syntax error.

I try to continue running the script but nothing happens, just 4 gradient-blue rectangles with no text in them and no window title just "document.title".

@johnnyboy

thanks for implementing my request.

however when I run your software I get an IE script error at line 736 char 2: syntax error.

I try to continue running the script but nothing happens, just 4 gradient-blue rectangles with no text in them and no window title just "document.title".

Send me the logs.

Heya guys!!

First, I wanna say I love this tool-- make an optimized silent installer and an optimized addon all-in-one. Amazing and simple :thumbsup_anim: .

-----

EDIT::

Apparently, the prefs.js file does have some differences, but it becomes very negligible. As it turns out, the optimizations does geared toward the specific processor build matters most. Meaning the compilation/ installation optimizations for the P4 and P3 systems give the browser an extra boost :) . (As it stands, my P4 FF build became phenomenally faster after Pigfoot\'s optmizations. Previously, IE8 was actually faster than my 3.0.7 vanilla FF (guessing the addons slowed everything down); now 3.0.7 Pigfoot\'s build runs faster by like 2-3 times (using estimate- may not actually be right [-_-]). Though, P4s are supposed to be faster than P3s anyway (>.>) ... Gotta note: Swiftfox on Ubuntu P3 builds runs nicely considering the processors age.

Really satisfied with Processor-geared optimized builds... Why don\'t they do them often anymore? The performance rewards feels amazing :) .

-----

Got a little question: are some of optimizations builds (ex. pigfoots) done in the profile? Reason why I\'m asking is because I use FEBE (really great Firefox addon btw) to backup my FF add-ons/ themes/ bookmarks/ settings cross platform.

That means I backup the entire profile and replace the previous one. Thus, I fear if any optimizations were to be made in one profile (eg. my Windows profile as compared to my Ubuntu one), it would be lost.

Can anyone double check if profile replacement eliminates some of the optimizations done by the Firefox builds? Thanks ;) !! (I think a easy way to check would be to check is by doing a fresh install of FF, copying the profile prefs.js file, then installing the optimized builds via silent installer, and then checking out the prefs.js.) btw, I\'m using Pigfoot\'s optmized build (P3).

Hm, I think it would be a good idea to simply compare the files via Notepad++\'s Compare plugin (or any other text editor that can compare text files). I\'ll upload my prefs.js right now (hopefully, my plugin-added-preferences won\'t be too difficult to differentiate from [-_-]).

I currently can\'t check this myself because I am on my Ubuntu machine and am not using my Windows machine. Windows = FF Addon Maker Pigfoot\'s P3 optimizations; Ubuntu = Swiftfox 3.04pre

I really appreciate it :) !! Thanks!! (If I find out that the prefs.js are indeed different in the various optimized builds, I will make a separeate prefs.js backup individually to preserve the optimizations geared toward different platforms/ processors.)

Edited by Happy-Dude

update posted

Changelog

v0.602 - 03-26-09

-removed ability to keep the extensions status - files used absolute paths to extensions

-fixed issue where when returning from help screen, the window would refresh improperly

-fixed button sizes

-moved Foxit Reader to "Additional Software Needed"

Running the latest build (v0.602) I am getting the following error while building a true addon:

post-12898-1238208609_thumb.jpg

Below is a copy of the log file as well. Let me know if I can supply any further info.

Jonnyboy's Firefox Addon Maker v0.602

3/27/2009

10:45:19 PM

WindowsXP Pro 5.1.2600 SP3

Installed = False

UseDefault = False

Language = en-US

Firefox Radio Button = Firefox(1)

FirefoxPath =

ProfilePath =

DestinationPath = C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

Bookmarks = False

Passwords = False

Cookies = False

Histories = False

Preferences = False

ExtsData = False

Extensions = False

Plugins = False

Components = False

Search = False

Dictionaries = False

Modules = False

Branding = False

Default = True

Global = False

Icon = False

Migration = True

Flash = True

Shockwave = False

MediaPlayer = True

Quicktime = True

RealPlayer = False

Authorware = False

WGA = True

FoxIt = False

Office2007 = True

LiveConnect = False

Firefox(0) = False

Firefox(1) = True

Firefox(2) = False

Firefox(3) = False

Firefox(4) = False

Firefox(5) = False

Firefox(6) = False

Firefox(7) = False

Firefox(8) = False

Firefox(9) = False

Silent = False

Addon = True

InstallRdf = False

Compatibility = False

NewProfilePath = True

UserProfileFolder = False

Quicklaunch = True

Desktop = False

StartMenu1 = False

StartMenu2 = True

StartMenu3 = True

StartMenu4 = False

ffox30wget = "

ffox30file = Firefox Setup 3.0.8.exe

Firefox Setup 3.0.8.exe download complete

Firefox Setup 3.0.8.exe extraction complete

********** Move Working Path **********

Using Sub MoveFolder

hello ist FirefoxAddon Maker v0.602 no bulgarian language ?

pls Bulgarian Language :)

download the file, translate it and PM back to me.

***EDIT***

My apologies. I did not see that Mozilla added a few more localized Firefoxs. I have included them in the update that I am working on. Should be posted soon.

Edited by Jonnyboy

update posted

Changelog

v0.603 - 04-04-09

-separated Optimized versions to type

-added Sharam's "Blazing Fast" SSE2 Optimized Firefox Versions

-removed Help Popup Windows and placed Help inside table in main page

-added German, Spanish, Norwegian, Italian, Portuguese and Dutch translations - created with freetranslation.com

-tweaked table positions for better uniformity

-added links to all programs used

-increased contextual help

-Added Real Alternative 1.90

-Added Quicktime Alternative 2.8.0

-added additional registry entries to ensure Firefox is registered as "Being" installed

-all text is now localized

-fixed issue where timer is not restarted on subsequent runs

-added script to validate saved paths when loading

-added script to invalidate a New Profile Path that is in a sub-directory of the default location

-added new Localized Firefox builds - Bulgarian, Esparanto, Occitan and Welsh

-merged RealPlayer and Live Connect

-added Adobe Reader 9.1 plugin

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

how to change the path of the user profile?

The installation is based on firefox installed on my system but on my personal XP, the user is not the same ...

how to change this once created the addon please ?

23456699.jpg

thanks for answer.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french :)

Push the blue button that is in your pic to set the profile. When using the installer, it creates a new profile, it does not copy it. So the profile path does not need to be edited, unless you want the profile in a different path. The profile will be created in the proper location, no matter the user name who installs it.

Edited by Jonnyboy