Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 ALPHA

Legolash2o

The latest v33 build seems VERY unstable. I'm not able to mount an image (windows 7 sp1 ultimate x64 oem untouched) with this build. You can see here a printscreen.

This bug is Imagex 100% related. Also on build 31 it mounted the image very slow. This didn't happen with build 21 for example (from a week ago). Maybe it's only related to my system (core i5 2500k 3.3 GHz, 4 gigs of ram, sandforce 2 ssd, win7 ultimate x64), so I ask others to confirm/infirm my trouble. :)

Confirm...Same trouble !

Core I7-3.06Ghz 12GB 1866Mhz Ram, 4*Sandforce 2 Raid 0, Win Ultimate x64

My mountlog :

[2552] [ INFO ] Mounting new image.

Wim: [D:\Windows_7\sources\install.wim]

Image Index: [1]

Mount Path: [C:\W7T\Mount]

[2552] [ INFO ] Wimserv process started for guid c3ea3ceb-e6cf-4e28-b310-f69a955e5e55. Id is 7148

[7148] [ INFO ] ImageUnmarshallHandle: Reconstituting wim at D:\Windows_7\sources\install.wim.

[7148] [ INFO ] Mounted image at C:\W7T\Mount.

[5252] [ INFO ] ImageUnmarshallHandle: Reconstituting wim at D:\Windows_7\sources\install.wim.

[5252] RpcCommRemoveImage:(598): The RPC server is unavailable.

[5252] WIMUnmountImageHandle:(1226): The RPC server is unavailable.

In build 35 the systems doesn't freeze, but the massive slowdown is still there. Hope the new Imagex will fix this also in build 36. :)

And just for info's sake, in build 35 Imagex is 6.1.7600.16385, while in that update that ricktendo posted is 6.1.7600.20931.

And if you still need my mount log...

[3472] [ INFO ] Mounting new image.
Wim: [C:\7ulx64sp1\sources\install.wim]
Image Index: [4]
Mount Path: [C:\W7T\Mount]
[3472] [ INFO ] Wimserv process started for guid 8834ad68-366f-4720-8bd2-3530c5fa29f0. Id is 2724
[2724] [ INFO ] ImageUnmarshallHandle: Reconstituting wim at C:\7ulx64sp1\sources\install.wim.
[2724] [ INFO ] Mounted image at C:\W7T\Mount.

BTW, doesn't DISM got updated for x64 also? I see you've updated the x86 mediafire DISM files (for vista and xp users), but not for x64...

Edited by RicaNeaga

You may have missed it the last time I mentioned it, there is a cosmetic bug relating to the number of items loading from a settings file. I included a screen shot for your reference. Please note, that the settings still load correctly, it just has the wrong total.

Edit: Incidentally, I figured out what your program was doing. Assuming that the total of 278 was correct, your number on the left side counts up by twos. It stopped at 556 (which is double of your total). Hopefully that should narrow down this cosmetic bug.

post-11322-0-65111800-1314595400_thumb.p

Edited by crashfly

You may have missed it the last time I mentioned it, there is a cosmetic bug relating to the number of items loading from a settings file. I included a screen shot for your reference. Please note, that the settings still load correctly, it just has the wrong total.

Edit: Incidentally, I figured out what your program was doing. Assuming that the total of 278 was correct, your number on the left side counts up by twos. It stopped at 556 (which is double of your total). Hopefully that should narrow down this cosmetic bug.

Fixed, Thanks.

updated to v36, still hangs when saving wim. I'm using windows 7 pro x64 on a i5-2500k, 4gigs of ram

i can confirm that. :( even with build 36, even with the latest Imagex x64, and both loading and saving the image.

if the problem appeared when adding Imagex x64, can you please switch back to only using Imagex x86 only for your next build, to see if everything is ok again? and please use the latest x86 build... :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

Can i have print screens please. For example...

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/1909/crashmount4.jpg

If you look behind the main Window you will see Discard, Save, Keep Mounted BEHIND the current form and it won't dismount until you select an option.

P.S. The issue of it appearing behind has been fixed for the next version :)

For build 36, you can have 2 screenshots here and here regarding the slowdown. So Imagex x64 not only is taking alot to mount/unmount win7 images, but also making my system become unresponsive, with pauses for a second/third task (if I want to do something else on my system, like browsing). This didn't happen with older builds (like build 21 if I remember correctly).

Oh, and not to forget... I wanted to congratulate you about the tweaks and services in AIO... now everything works (I'm reffering only to the integrating process, if the tweaks really work on a live system I'll find out later), a week ago I got strage errors. :dancing:

Also, I believe it's better if you would add some explanations to what the following system tweaks really do: ''disable bandwidth limit'', ''increase file system memory cache size'' and ''optimize large second level cache''. And I believe a tweak is only vista related, and you maybe you should delete it: ''disable welcome center''. :)

with pauses for a second/third task (if I want to do something else on my system, like browsing). This didn't happen with older builds (like build 21 if I remember correctly).

1. So no pauses during the first task?

2. What is W7T memory/CPU usage like when it pauses during the second/third tasks?

3. What happens if you close AIO Tool, then re-open to run a second task, close AIO Tool and run it for a third task?

P.S. Why not just do everything in one task?

Edited by Legolash2o

1. So no pauses during the first task?

2. What is W7T memory/CPU usage like when it pauses during the second/third tasks?

3. What happens if you close AIO Tool, then re-open to run a second task, close AIO Tool and run it for a third task?

P.S. Why not just do everything in one task?

Sorry if you've got me wrong... I was reffering to multitasking (win7 toolkit, and a second task like browsing - google chrome, and I third task like enjoying music with vlc). So:

1. Pauses during any task that involves mounting/unmounting with Imagex, regardless if I ONLY run win7 Toolkit or with another task (Chrome, vlc) at the same time.

2. 0%. That's Imagex %. although you may conclude it's not imagex related, i've told you - with an older build this didn't happen on the SAME system.

3. you've lost me a little. :D like i've said at 1., it pauses during any task that involves mounting/unmounting with Imagex.

Edited by RicaNeaga

Rica: It must be because of imagex x64 then.

EVERYONE:

When W7T first starts it uses around 13-17MB of RAM, i've just added some code which reduced that to just 6MB of RAM :D

I may implement this code in other areas of W7T to completely reduce memory usage.

UPDATE: 3MB of RAM lol :P

Edited by Legolash2o

I may implement this code in other areas of W7T to completely reduce memory usage.

dunno if this would help.. either there's a bug in imagex x64, either the caching process is a little weird with imagex x64. that's my opinion :) why not switch back to only imagex x86 and see if the slowdown is still there?

Edited by Legolash2o

W7 Toolkit is unable to download updates from solor i tried for office 2010 post sp1 update, i showed "Downloading (1/27)": access-x-none :: 32.66 mb, but even after 20 minutes it was showing the same thing, then afterward i tried to download sp1 updates for x64 then i got one error which is posted below.

error1k.jpg

The details are as below:-

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.

Object name: 'frmSoLoR'.

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()

at W7T.frmSoLoR.BWDownload_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

W7T

Assembly Version: 1.3.0.36

Win32 Version: 1.3.0.36

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mani/Desktop/W7T130-36A/W7T.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Microsoft.mshtml

Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0

Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Rica: I've added the option it is in the next version.

Mani: That error appears when you close the form whilst it is downloading, i have disable that from happening. Also the cancel button now cancels the download immediately. Just to add... that was a big update your downloading so it will take longer.

-------------------------

EVERYONE: I've added my new code in AIO Tool, so it should use up less memory :D Here are some examples below.

Splash used 16MB RAM. Now uses 5MB

Tools Manager used 13MB RAM when idle. Now uses 3.8MB RAM

SoLoR Updates used 24MB of RAM when idle. Now uses 6MB loading (2MB idle).

But yeah 24MB down to 2MB :D

Edited by Legolash2o

Congratulations Lego!

Now the program while it seems like the past. No major defects, and everything works quickly. Very good job. It is good to continue the development!

:dancing:

Edited by TH-TECH