Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 ALPHA

Legolash2o

WAIT 5 MINUTES PLEASE !!

Preppi txt.tiedosto is then Finnish.

I changed the program toolkit in C: \ drive root. Pre formatting the NTFS format, begins to operate.

[Attachment removed]

Edited by Legolash2o

Preppi txt.tiedosto is then Finnish.

I changed the program toolkit in C: \ drive root. Pre formatting the NTFS format, begins to operate.

Boot work only my own computer. Other computer say :

File: \BOOT\BCD

Info : An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

Edited by TH-TECH

Just thought i'd release v16, didn't have time to release it before because of work.

*Tweak: 'Automatically Expand to Current Folder'.

*Tweak:Disable NTFS Compression

*Tweak:Disable IE Crash Detection

*Tweak:Change the Title of Internet Explorer

*Tweak:Change the Download Directory

*Tweak:Disable Signature checking for EXEs

*Tweak:Turn On clear type

*Tweak:Full Screen mode by default

*Tweak:Turn off RSS feed discovery

*Tweak:Launch Internet Explorer in separate process

*Tweak:Disable Internet Explorer to check for updates

*Tweak:Disable Password Caching in Internet Explorer

*Tweak:Disable Tabbed browsing

*Tweak:Disable Warning on Close (Tabs)

*Tweak:Always Switch To New Tabs When They Are Created

*Tweak:When a New tab Opens

*Tweak:When a pop-up is encountered

*Tweak:GPU Rendering

*WIM Manager let's you delete multiple images at once.

*WIM Manager let's you unmount multiple images at once.

Just thought i'd release v16, didn't have time to release it before because of work.

*Tweak:GPU Rendering

Didn't understand as it is the default setting (By default this unchecked, and if we checked it, then it means we are use software rendering instead of gpu acceleration). Please clear me what tweak you have used. Please let me know what registries you have used.

To speed up performance, Internet Explorer 9 uses the power of your computer's graphics processor, also known as a GPU, to handle graphics-heavy tasks like video streaming or online gaming. By tapping into the GPU, Internet Explorer 9 delivers a faster and more immersive web experience.

We should use GPU rendering, which means our graphics card will be used to render the pages you visit. By using the GPU, pages will be rendered faster than if software is used instead.

GPU rendering is one of the new features for IE 9, one that can really improve the snapiness of page display.

So i think there is no need of this tweak as it is by default

or you tweak will force to enable the gpu mode for the below scenario

Some outdated video cards/chips and video drivers do not support GPU hardware acceleration. If Internet Explorer 9 determines that your current video card/chip or video driver does not support GPU hardware acceleration, Internet Explorer 9 uses Software Rendering mode (off).

If GPU hardware acceleration is turned off, then you may experience slow performance when you browse a webpage using Internet Explorer 9.

I think you mave have tweaked it so we can be able to use GPU Acceleration feature of IE9 even our computer is using old VGA Card GPU.

Edited by MANIKANT.S.GUPTA

I have found a small bug in your program. When loading settings back into the "All-In-One Tool", the 'Silent Installers + SFX' do not get loaded. I have checked the saved settings, and yes they are listed in the file. If you need any more information, please let me know.

Further information on the "bug" - After noticing you did an update (and now I am using 1.3.0.16a), the silent installers are now read from the file, however due to the separators you use, they are not parsed correctly. My 'silent install' section looks like this:

#Silent Installs
gfwlivesetup::/s/NO/623.15 KB/G:\Win7\SoLoR\gfwlivesetup.exe/Always Installed
mseinstall-en-us-amd64::/s /runwgacheck/NO/9.69 MB/G:\Win7\SoLoR\mseinstall-en-us-amd64.exe/Always Installed
Silverlight.v4.0.60531.0::/q/NO/5.99 MB/G:\Win7\SoLoR\Silverlight.v4.0.60531.0.exe/Always Installed
xpminstl64::/qn /norestart/YES/473.61 MB/G:\Win7\Addons\WindowsXPMode_en-us\sources\xpminstl64.msi/Always Installed

However, as you can see the switches I am using causes the program to think those are separate parameters and then it discards (I think) the rest of the information.

I hope the above information helps you to "narrow" down the issue.

v17 released with USB Prep Tool tweaks and the Silent Installer thing mentioned above, it will now use ; instead of /

Special thanks to Ajdee2 for helping me test the USB Boot Prep tool.

EDIT: v18 released, fixing a bug when adding addons.

Edited by Legolash2o

Another couple of "bugs" for you Legolash2o.

The first involves loading up a saved settings file from the 'All-In-One Tool'. Once it is finished loading, then close the 'All-In-One Tool' and then reopen it. Loading the settings a second time causes various addons, etc to not show up for me. The work around for this is to completely close the tool and then reload the settings file for the "first" time.

The second issue involves the "Tweaks" tab in that the IE homepage defaults to 'http://www.google.co.uk'. I would like to set it to 'about:blank' but the program does not seem to like that setting. Even when loading from the settings file, it still defaults to the google page.

As an improvement, could you make the window resizable? Currently on Windows 7 the only way to make the window larger is to maximize it. Yes that works, but I do not always like the program taking up the whole screen. This is just a request.

Thanks for the great work so far!

The second issue involves the "Tweaks" tab in that the IE homepage defaults to 'http://www.google.co.uk'. I would like to set it to 'about:blank' but the program does not seem to like that setting. Even when loading from the settings file, it still defaults to the google page.

if you want to set it as blank page tthen in tweaks when it ask for homepage ust type "about:blank" without quotes this will be taken by W7 Toolkit and if you want you can also do by this registry.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

"Start Page"="about:blank"

Already i have posted more tweaks (i hope if "Lego" will like them then it can be added in next release), From the below link you can find more tweaks for Internet explorer.

http://www.wincert.n...ernet-explorer/

1. The first involves loading up a saved settings file from the 'All-In-One Tool'. Once it is finished loading, then close the 'All-In-One Tool' and then reopen it. Loading the settings a second time causes various addons, etc to not show up for me. The work around for this is to completely close the tool and then reload the settings file for the "first" time.

2. The second issue involves the "Tweaks" tab in that the IE homepage defaults to 'http://www.google.co.uk'. I would like to set it to 'about:blank' but the program does not seem to like that setting. Even when loading from the settings file, it still defaults to the google page.

3. As an improvement, could you make the window resizable? Currently on Windows 7 the only way to make the window larger is to maximize it. Yes that works, but I do not always like the program taking up the whole screen. This is just a request.

Thanks for the great work so far!

1. I can't seem to reproduce this error, but i have fixed a few issues since the last release. Can you attach your settings file please?

2. Hmm, i just fixed a bug where W7T did not load tweak settings properly. This has been fixed.

3. Done.

v19. All the previous changes to W7T before 1.3.0 is upto 439. v1.3.0 so far has 114 changes!

*FIX: AIO Tool crashed due to a progress bar error

*FIX: W7T won't let you mount an image in your DVD folder.

*Tweak: Disable startup Sound

*Tweak: Optimize Large Second Level Cache

*Tweak: Increase File System Memory Cache Size

*Tweak: Enable MAC File Sharing

*Tweak: Show Drive Letters First

*Tweak: Disable NTFS Encryption

*Tweak: Disable Bandwidth Limit

*Tweak: Don’t allow Windows 7 to turn off devices

*Tweak: Disable IPv6

*Tweak: Adjust Visual Styles

*Tweak: Processor Scheduling

*Tweak: Disable Pagefile

*Tweak: Disable Admin Shares

Edited by Legolash2o

1. I can't seem to reproduce this error, but i have fixed a few issues since the last release. Can you attach your settings file please?

2. Hmm, i just fixed a bug where W7T did not load tweak settings properly. This has been fixed.

3. Done.

I do not know if it is an issue when loading the settings file, but it gave me an error about not finding an addon the first time. I did exactly as before and closed the 'All-In-One Tool' and then opened it again loading that same settings file. It did not give an error that time. Go figure. I have uploaded the settings file I have been using.

Thank you for the resizable window. It works great. And yes, the "about:blank" homepage issue has been fixed also. Thanks again.

EDIT: I found a cosmetic bug in your latest alpha. When loading any settings file, the status bar states "xxx\708". The 708 does not change no matter what settings file is used.

all options.txt

Edited by crashfly

What error and what addon?

The error was about the addon not being found. It was one of reaper's themed addons (I do not remember the specific one). I believe it was a fluke, however if I see this error again, I will let you know. Otherwise, it seems to do pretty good.

Hi, @Legolash2o

I've got the below error message in WIM manager section of 130.19A. IN the previous versions, i did not get this error in the same image.

Error

---------------------------

W7T was not able to mount the wim file or you closed the mount window!

Edited by oguz

With this version of W7T 1.3.0.19a, I am having consistent errors and an occasional "lock up" of the whole program. The couple of times I have had the 'lock up', I have started the process and then started playing a game. Later when I have come back, the program is stuck somewhere (once in the updates section) and does nothing. I have let it set for a good hour and it never moved off of what it was doing.

As for the errors,

The type of the value object did not match the specified RegistryValueKind or the object could not be properly converted.
Reg: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key WIM_System\ControlSet001\Control\PriorityControl
Reg: Win32PrioritySeperation
Value: 4294967295

It has done this to me twice in the same process and then the resulting image comes out as being corrupted. I have tried the entire process three times in a row. This did not appear to have happened with the previous alpha (1.3.0.18a).

Below is the screenshot of the error and my settings file.

settings.txt

post-11322-0-68168200-1314048429_thumb.p

With this version of W7T 1.3.0.19a, I am having consistent errors and an occasional "lock up" of the whole program. The couple of times I have had the 'lock up', I have started the process and then started playing a game. Later when I have come back, the program is stuck somewhere (once in the updates section) and does nothing. I have let it set for a good hour and it never moved off of what it was doing.

As for the errors,

The type of the value object did not match the specified RegistryValueKind or the object could not be properly converted.
Reg: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key WIM_System\ControlSet001\Control\PriorityControl
Reg: Win32PrioritySeperation
Value: 4294967295

It has done this to me twice in the same process and then the resulting image comes out as being corrupted. I have tried the entire process three times in a row. This did not appear to have happened with the previous alpha (1.3.0.18a).

Below is the screenshot of the error and my settings file.

I also agree with him i am also facing many problems with this build especially integrating addons and updates, it also says cannot create "Registry.txt". The main problem is all addons says task file not found and the same addons are working with the last build, also with this build some tweaks are also not applied.

Hi, @Legolash2o

I've got the below error message in "All in One Tool" -> "Add Addons" section of W7T130-20A!

All addons give same error:

ERROR

W7T could not locate the tasks.txt file, this addon may be corrupt!

[...:\Themes\Reapers_Microsoft_Brazil_Theme_Windows7_AddOn.WA]

--------------------------

or,

ERROR

W7T could not locate the tasks.txt file, this addon may be corrupt!

[...:\addon\7-Zip_9.22_x86_Windows7_AddOn.WA]

etc...

Edited by oguz