Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 ALPHA

Legolash2o

Hi, @Legolash2o

I've got the below error message in "All in One Tool" -> "Add Addons" section of W7T130-20A!

All addons give same error:

---------------------------

ERROR

W7T could not locate the tasks.txt file, this addon may be corrupt!

[...:\Themes\Reapers_Microsoft_Brazil_Theme_Windows7_AddOn.WA]

--------------------------

or,

ERROR

W7T could not locate the tasks.txt file, this addon may be corrupt!

[...:\addon\7-Zip_9.22_x86_Windows7_AddOn.WA]

etc...

The same error i have mentioned in Post 148, but not fixed yet

In case people are wondering why there has not been any new features/requests in the last 3 or so releases it is because i'm waiting for a bunch of error logs to be uploaded so i can fixed any bugs before i continue.

I would also like to remind everything to please use the latest alpha available, it's much more stable than the v0.2.0.40F anyway :)

Edited by Legolash2o

In case people are wondering why there has not been any new features/requests in the last 3 or so releases it is because i'm waiting for a bunch of error logs to be uploaded so i can fixed any bugs before i continue.
Take your time! Thanks :)

I would also like to remind everything to please use the latest alpha available, it's much more stable than the v0.2.0.40F anyway :)

Well, I am having a problem with my final image. When trying to install it onto a virtual machine, it keeps telling me that the installation is corrupt (about 66% through the install process). Short of rebuilding the image every time, how does one diagnose that kind of problem? I do not know if I need to blame it on W7T or just something ignorant I have done.

Well, I am having a problem with my final image. When trying to install it onto a virtual machine, it keeps telling me that the installation is corrupt (about 66% through the install process). Short of rebuilding the image every time, how does one diagnose that kind of problem? I do not know if I need to blame it on W7T or just something ignorant I have done.

On the bright side, I determined what problem was with my image. I did not think anything of it when the new option "Custom 1 (MANIKANT.S.GUPTA)" was selected. It would seem there is something in this option that was causing my final image to become corrupted. This is definitely an issue you might want to look at Legolash2o.

Thanks. Will do, but what makes you sure it's that tweak?

It was the only thing I 'dis-selected' between two consecutive runs. The first time came up with a corrupted install. I have been having this problem since that tweak was put into the program. So I un-selected it, and the install finally completed as it should.

It was the only thing I 'dis-selected' between two consecutive runs. The first time came up with a corrupted install. I have been having this problem since that tweak was put into the program. So I un-selected it, and the install finally completed as it should.

OK, i will look at that now :)

Congrats :prop:

Thanks!

thx for all your work , W7T is so useful !

i think there's a problem with 2 tweaks, i don't know if i'm the only one facing it (?) :

- Add "Open CMD here" to Folder Context-menu

- Add "Open Elevated CMD here" to Folder context-menu

these 2 tweaks don't appear in context menu at all after install, i tested 2 times.

i would have another question, do you plan to develop a "component removal" process, the way the old RT7 Lite do it ?

personally, i'd love to remove some components easily like RT7 lite can do (for the moment i do a 2-pass job : W7T for the integration + tweaks, then RT7 lite for components removal)

thx again for all the time & work you spend in W7T !

the tool is really good.

Firstly, which version of W7T are you using?

W7T can remove components but im not sure what RT7Lite does in regarding of removing stuff so can't really answer that question. In v1.4.0 i will be investing a lot of my time working with the components removal to remove language files, and make it a bit more like vLite.

W7T can remove components but im not sure what RT7Lite does in regarding of removing stuff so can't really answer that question. In v1.4.0 i will be investing a lot of my time working with the components removal to remove language files, and make it a bit more like vLite.

That is what we call good news. Awesome Tool but does this mean that 1.3.21 alpha is the last version and you are about to start v1.4.0.................Did you ever take rest???. Waiting for your next release.

@@ Tealc:- Please don't compare this nice tool with Scrap Rt7 lite, it's a junk software with no updates from last one year. This tool is having releases almost every alternate days, Rt7 lite offers too many features like To set a default theme, Screensaver, Gadgets, Preset Tweaks, but it has also many problems after making the build with Rt7 lite there are always error of windeploy.exe and also corrupts the files. I am happy with W7 Toolkit. Keep up the good work Lego :dancing:

Edited by MANIKANT.S.GUPTA

Well, Google Translate thought it was Swedish and came up with this:

Tjठnsten can not be started. The reason ठr either tjànsten ¤ ä r ¤ Spàrrad or that no active devices ठr associated with it.

Microsoft's Translator came up with this:

Tjàservice cannot be started. Why àhas either to tjàservice àis spàyou rrad or that no active units àassociated with it.

So if we just knew what àmeant, we'd know what the hell it was talking about. It looks like it is talking about some kind of service or driver if I had to guess. Can you give us a frame of reference? Where did it come from?

Cheers and Regards

EDIT: By the way, I started out using Google Translate (Doesn't every good thing start with Google?), then I ended up using http://imtranslator.net/translation/default.asp - it can both autodetect and compare the results of multiple online translators.

Edited by bphlpt

Hi Lego,

when comes v22, I'll test it soon.

I've just fixed an issue where it would install things in a strange order i.e.

0, 1, 10, 11, 12 ,13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20, 21, 22, 23,, etc....

now in v22 it goes 00001,00002,00003,00004 and installed everything in the right order. As long as you don't add more than 99,999 silent installs lmao.

i noticed the CMD Prompt problem testing W7T 1.0.3 Alpha 21, in Virtualbox's last version.

i'm not 100% sure it was Ok with previous builds.

thx again :-)

have some rest too !! :-)

@@ Tealc:- Please don't compare this nice tool with Scrap Rt7 lite, it's a junk software with no updates from last one year. This tool is having releases almost every alternate days, Rt7 lite offers too many features like To set a default theme, Screensaver, Gadgets, Preset Tweaks, but it has also many problems after making the build with Rt7 lite there are always error of windeploy.exe and also corrupts the files. I am happy with W7 Toolkit. Keep up the good work Lego :dancing:

i know that RT7 Lite is veeeery old now, and is not really good compared to the actual W7T, that's a fact :-)

but i like the removal options it offers (components, screensavers, gadgets, ...) and also the 'customize' options.

Edited by tealc

i noticed the CMD Prompt problem testing W7T 1.0.3 Alpha 21, in Virtualbox's last version.

i'm not 100% sure it was Ok with previous builds.

thx again :-)

have some rest too !! :-)

i know that RT7 Lite is veeeery old now, and is not really good compared to the actual W7T, that's a fact :-)

but i like the removal options it offers (components, screensavers, gadgets, ...) and also the 'customize' options.

Yeah we are missing these features in W7 Toolkit, Hope lego will try to add these features in next build or 1.4.0

Well, Google Translate thought it was Swedish and came up with this:

Tjठnsten can not be started. The reason ठr either tjànsten ¤ ä r ¤ Spàrrad or that no active devices ठr associated with it.

Microsoft's Translator came up with this:

Tjàservice cannot be started. Why àhas either to tjàservice àis spàyou rrad or that no active units àassociated with it.

So if we just knew what àmeant, we'd know what the hell it was talking about. It looks like it is talking about some kind of service or driver if I had to guess. Can you give us a frame of reference? Where did it come from?

Cheers and Regards

EDIT: By the way, I started out using Google Translate (Doesn't every good thing start with Google?), then I ended up using http://imtranslator....ion/default.asp - it can both autodetect and compare the results of multiple online translators.

It's an error that appears when trying to mount the boot.wim in AIO.

The closest thing i can find is...

The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Hi Lego,

when comes v22, I'll test it soon.

I've just fixed an issue where it would install things in a strange order i.e.

0, 1, 10, 11, 12 ,13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20, 21, 22, 23,, etc....

now in v22 it goes 00001,00002,00003,00004 and installed everything in the right order. As long as you don't add more than 99,999 silent installs lmao.

not sure, i'm currently getting a BSOD when selecting a certain tweak, im trying to find out which tweak it is and then fix it.

UPDATE: I think i have fixed the custom explorer bar issue, VirtualBox has nearly finished installing so fingers crossed. Quite a few people are having issues integrating theme packs, so i will have a look at that first :)

Edited by Legolash2o

released v22, some fixes. Added more info when theme packs don't get integrated.

TH-TECH, i'll have a look at that some time. How do you know it's not the theme itself? Can you tell me how it's not displaying correctly, maybe with a print screen?

Edited by Legolash2o

released v22, some fixes. Added more info when theme packs don't get integrated.

TH-TECH, i'll have a look at that some time. How do you know it's not the theme itself? Can you tell me how it's not displaying correctly, maybe with a print screen?

I am able to install this theme later. And I've tried different versions of a file. A competitor's program RT7 you know, it succeeds. But I do not use the program ever again.

W7-Toolkit is for everyday use!

I miss feature, which was an older version. So, were you able to tweak a number of choices by holding the shift key on the bottom!

Edited by Legolash2o