Repack installer request?

oguz

It seems MS has changed the structure of the download page, so neither of the included downloaders currently work.  But, no problem.  Go here - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=56511&clcid=0x409 - and manually download the latest DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010). The file should be "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".  Place the file in the same folder where "DXCB.cmd" is located.  I just ran it that way myself, so it should work for you, too.  If you don't enter any options, when you then run "DXCB.cmd" it should produce these files as output, which will include DirectX for managed code, and should be located in the same folder as "DXCB.cmd":

----------------------------------

DirectXRuntimes-201006-AddOn-32.7z -- (13,676,451 bytes) -- 32-bit addon
DirectXRuntimes-201006-AddOn-64.7z -- (29,363,280 bytes) -- 64-bit addon which includes the 32-bit addon as well

DirectXRuntimes-201006-Switchless-32.exe -- (13,676,076 bytes) -- 32-bit switchless installer -\
DirectXRuntimes-201006-Switchless-64.exe -- (15,686,796 bytes) -- 64-bit switchless installer --\ for 64-bit use you need to use both 32-bit and 64-bit

DXUnInst.cmd -- (15,803 bytes) -- Uninstaller which should uninstall DirectX completely from any Windows OS no matter how it was installed

So since directx_Jun2010_redist.exe is (100,271,992 bytes), you can see how much smaller any of these options are, and yet they will install the same files as the original redist.

Cheers and Regards

Great Tuotrial :prop:  ,

I Will Try To Used This In My Pack This Will Reduce The Size Of The Pack , So Hope Give Me Promisison To Add It As Long As It Will Be Great Addon For The Pack  .

Wait For Your Response . ^_^

Edited by StopLooking

It seems MS has changed the structure of the download page, so neither of the included downloaders currently work.  But, no problem.  Go here - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=56511&clcid=0x409 - and manually download the latest DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010). The file should be "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".  Place the file in the same folder where "DXCB.cmd" is located.  I just ran it that way myself, so it should work for you, too.  If you don't enter any options, when you then run "DXCB.cmd" it should produce these files as output, which will include DirectX for managed code, and should be located in the same folder as "DXCB.cmd":

DirectXRuntimes-201006-AddOn-32.7z -- (13,676,451 bytes) -- 32-bit addon

DirectXRuntimes-201006-AddOn-64.7z -- (29,363,280 bytes) -- 64-bit addon which includes the 32-bit addon as well

DirectXRuntimes-201006-Switchless-32.exe -- (13,676,076 bytes) -- 32-bit switchless installer -\

DirectXRuntimes-201006-Switchless-64.exe -- (15,686,796 bytes) -- 64-bit switchless installer --\ for 64-bit use you need to use both 32-bit and 64-bit

DXUnInst.cmd -- (15,803 bytes) -- Uninstaller which should uninstall DirectX completely from any Windows OS no matter how it was installed

So since directx_Jun2010_redist.exe is (100,271,992 bytes), you can see how much smaller any of these options are, and yet they will install the same files as the original redist.

Cheers and Regards

Oh , I Find an Issue When Run The DXCB.cmd In The Admin right then the script wont work properly , but the strange thing is when run it without any admin right work as should . :)

Great Tuotrial :prop:  ,

I Will Try To Used This In My Pack This Will Reduce The Size Of The Pack , So Hope Give Me Promisison To Add It As Long As It Will Be Great Addon For The Pack  .

Glad to help.  You are welcome to use this in your pack however you like.  :)

Cheers and Regards

Oh , I Find an Issue When Run The DXCB.cmd In The Admin right then the script wont work properly , but the strange thing is when run it without any admin right work as should . :)

I have seen a very few situations where either permissions or certain anti-virus or firewalls or sand-box apps have caused issues with DXCB. but I have not found a consistent solution. But then I haven't done much work with this in quite awhile. Fortunately, there haven't been any changes to the older DirectX code in almost 5 years, and once you are able to make a successful addon or installer they seem to work on all appropriate systems. In other words, the occasional issues I have heard of only effect running DXCB itself. I have never gotten any report of any failure or problem of any kind with the addons or switchless installers that DXCB produces.

Cheers and Regards

I have seen a very few situations where either permissions or certain anti-virus or firewalls or sand-box apps have caused issues with DXCB. but I have not found a consistent solution. But then I haven't done much work with this in quite awhile. Fortunately, there haven't been any changes to the older DirectX code in almost 5 years, and once you are able to make a successful addon or installer they seem to work on all appropriate systems. In other words, the occasional issues I have heard of only effect running DXCB itself. I have never gotten any report of any failure or problem of any kind with the addons or switchless installers that DXCB produces.

Cheers and Regards

Hello bphlpt :D

I did't say that as problem needed to fix no , the test was been on windows 8.1, so I misanderstand why widows 8.1 do this with the script , It's not big deal that need to discuus about it , just for learn propse . :punish:  

Edited by StopLooking

No problem.  I've never tried Windows 8.x+, and have never known anyone who has run DXCB on Windows 8.x+, so I'm glad you were able to get it to work for you. :)

Cheers and Regards

Thanks really for your nice word and support , Hope to take a look again on my new update of the topic , I rewrite it again to be good  as should , now I thinks is good start of the project that I which  wincert been the home for it . ^_^

Edited by StopLooking

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

is possible do repack for amd driver desktop windows 7 x64 14.12 omega?make it small remove net framework,raptr etc..junk...etc...compress it and make it small lzma2 or whatever idk lol 

Edited by Docthal

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.kmplayer.com/features/features

please Remove junkware of this installer program and

please repack with innosetup

i tryed but can't underestand this files:

kmpFileAssociate_NO.exe

kmpFileAssociate.exe

KMP_AssociateDefaultProgram.exe

that are in installer program.

thanks.