[Proper] Microsoft DirectX Redistributable (June 2010)

ricktendo

Microsoft DirectX end-user Redistributable (June 2010)

Version: 9.29.1974

Supported operating systems: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2012/2008+R2/2003 SP1+, Windows XP SP2+

Website: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Q: Why repack the DirectX redistributable installer you ask?

A: Because the original is only a self extracting CAB archive, this (re)package will initiate the install wizard (dxsetup.exe) after extraction and it also properly accepts the /q switch for "silent" installation.

x86/x64: removed

MD5: 2ef61d694dbcb3b3d0f47f1bbc0ca831

Size: 90.7 MB

x86: removed

MD5: 0f51f57cff0bf51aa368f90da1c8b525

Size: 42.8

Edited by ricktendo

@Adrian Luca

Salut! You can find what you want inside the cabs from here, except the managed directx, needed from what I remember only for xp, it was replaced by XNA for game devs. :)

@ ricktendo

Is there any reason to prefer to install the ''official'' (repacked) build instead of the lite yumeyao version? Thanks. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This is also dx9 it will not be needed for windows 8

This is not completely acurate, these install the directx "runtimes". These are needed for desktop games on Windows 8

It wont update the directx engine anymore, thats why this installer only works on Windows XP SP3 and above

Read more about why XP SP0 is not supported and there is an addition talking about Windows 8 here

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Updated, managed to reduce the size slightly by removing managed code and created a smaller x86 only installer

I think the "Not a valid Win32 application" problem is solved as well

Works on XP perfectly now. Shame you removed "managed code" though. Thanks for the fix though. :)

Managed Code from what I gather is only used by game developers

I could redo the installer to re-add managed code, then do one without mc, then the x86 (if wanted)

That would be great if you don't mind. Either way. I am thankful. I definitely would prefer it with managed code and I am sure there are others.