Intel to end support for 10th Gen and older graphic chips
According to the latest info posted on the Intel Graphics support board, the company is ending graphics support for its 10th Gen and older chips including Intel Atom, Pentium, and Celeron processor graphics.
Customers with the above-mentioned processors will receive quarterly software support for these products which will only include fixes for security vulnerabilities related to Intel integrated graphics.
Here is the list of chips that will be affected by the change.
- 10th Generation Intel® Core® processors with Intel® Iris® Plus graphics (Codename Ice Lake)
- 10th Generation Intel® Core® processors with Intel® UHD Graphics (Codename Comet Lake)
- 9th Generation Intel® Core® processors, related Pentium®/Celeron® processors, and Intel® Xeon® processors, with Intel® UHD Graphics 630 (Codename Coffee Lake-R)
- 8th Generation Intel® Core® processors, related Pentium®/ Celeron® processors, and Intel® Xeon® processors, with Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 655 and Intel® UHD Graphics 610, 620, 630, P630 (Codename Kaby Lake-R, Coffee Lake)
- Intel Pentium® and Celeron® processor family (Codename Gemini Lake)
- 7th Generation Intel® Core® processors, related Pentium®/Celeron® processors, and Intel® Xeon® processors, with Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 640, 650, and Intel® HD Graphics 610, 615, 620, 630, P630 (Codename Kaby Lake)
- 6th Generation Intel® Core®, Intel® Core® M, and related Pentium® processors with Intel Iris® Graphics 540, Intel® Iris® Graphics 550, Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics 580, and Intel® HD Graphics 510, 515, 520, 530 (Codename Skylake)
- Intel® Pentium® Processor family and Intel® Celeron® Processor family (Codename Jasper Lake),
- Intel® Core® Processor with Intel® Hybrid Technology (Codename Lakefield)
- Intel® Atom®, Pentium®, and Celeron® processor family (Codename Elkhart Lake)
Intels’ move to legacy support also means that Day0 Game support will no longer be available for these products.
Intel stated that the next update for affected chips will feature a downloader package that will contain drivers for 10th Gen and older Intel processors and another package that will contain drivers for 11th Gen and newer chips.