Microsoft announces Office All-in-one Mobile app
During the Ignite 2019 conference held in Orlando, Microsoft has introduced a preview version of its new mobile app for Android and iOS. This new all-in-one Office app combines Word, Excel and Powerpoint apps under a single user interface which allows seamless work with supporting docs.
Among the many useful features listed below, we would like to underline the ability to capture a photo that will be automatically recognized and converted into an editable Word or Excel file. Along with that, this app includes a new Actions pane which is quite effective if you need to edit docs on-the-go. It also allows you to create and sign PDF documents using your finger.
Some of the key features:
The key features of the new Office app
- Create, edit, and work together on documents with others in real-time.
- Store and access documents in the cloud or on your device.
- Easily access recent and frequently used Word, Excel, PowerPoint files stored in the cloud or on your device.
- Search for documents stored in the cloud, on your phone, or across your organization (if using a work account).
Uniquely mobile ways that make document creation easier:
- Snap a picture of a document and turn it into an editable Word file with the press of a button.
- Transform a picture of a table into an Excel spreadsheet so you can work with the data.
- Let PowerPoint help you design a presentation by simply selecting the pictures you want to use from your phone.
- Create automatically enhanced digital images of whiteboards and documents with Office Lens features integrated into the app.
Quickly perform common mobile tasks with in-built Actions:
- Instantly create PDFs from photos or Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- Sign PDFs using your finger.
- Quickly jot down ideas and notes with Sticky Notes.
- Easily transfer files between your phone and computer or share instantly with nearby mobile devices.
- Scan QR codes to open files and links