Microsoft to move some M365 Teams features to its Premium add-on in February
Microsoft decided to move some of its free features under Microsoft 365 subscription to the Teams Premium add-on.
With the general release of Teams Premium scheduled for February 2023, the Redmond giant will move some of its free features to the Premium add-on. Users that would like to continue using these features will have to pay an extra for the Teams Premium license.
According to Microsoft, the following features will be moved to the Premium add-on:
- Virtual Appointments: SMS notifications
- Virtual Appointments: Organizational analytics in the Teams admin center
- Virtual Appointments: Scheduled queue view
- Custom organization Together mode scenes
- Live translated captions
- Timeline markers in Teams meeting recordings for when a user left or joined meetings.
As a courtesy, Microsoft will allow the usage of these features for additional 30 days. After that serious tenants will have the option to pay for the Teams Premium add-on.