[AddOn] Media Center 2005 (English) January 24 2012

ricktendo

Hey rick, can you checkout this post: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5393#84407

That fix enu_user provided seems to add a new functionality. I think you'd be interested.

yes i thought if it should work, it would, but with an mc addon ...

thanks MrNxDmX for linking me to the updated addon

I really forgot about this one, thanks again mate :)

nLite complains about medctroc.inf missing when I start it up again after integrating this, and media center doesn't actually get installed. My computer does say media center edition though :) I'm going to try and fix it, but I felt like I should let you know.

I'm having some trouble if somebody could help me out. this is my first time using nlite.. just downloaded it to try and make this cd.

first I downloaded the 7z file and opened up nlite.. popped in my winxp pro sp3 32bit cd and it copied th efiles to a folder on my harddrive.. pressed next and clicked on the integrate addon .. clicked next and choose the 7z file.. added fine and everything.. then ran through that again but chose to burn it to an iso.. and then once more and chose to burn the iso to a disc..

then i restarted with the dvd left in.. and booted from it.. started installing windows.. entered my serial code and got past that part.. but now it's stuck on this:

the file 'kb925766rg.inf' on windows xp professional cd2 is needed.

i tried inserting both of the cds and none is finding it.. not sure what to do.. or what I did wrong?

it's on the fourth green installing dot in the process.

Crap...my fault

EDIT: Nope, I looked and I see nothing in my INF's that would cause this, that file has been removed long ago...can you check the file with a MD5 checksumer and post your MD5

Are you are trying to update the addon without making a new session?

Are you are just copying the files into your already made disc?

Looks like you are using a old inf with a new cab

thanks for this!!! I was using mrdmx's until he discontinued it...

I had some troubles at first... but they were all my fault as I had SENS service disabled (not removed via components) and it causing errors with the MCE part of the installation (everything else was fine)... finally figured it out and all seems to be working flawlessly... thanks a TON!!!

p.s. I will add my list of addons and order of integration, for others to reference... (I use quite a few addons)

Edited by benjammin

I had SENS service disabled (not removed via components)

I want to add, I also protect stuff from being removed with nLite that the media center needs using my entries.ini (that includes SENS)

;This section prevents nessesary "Components" from removal by nLite (v1.4.9 and up)
[NeededComponents]

; # Component
;165 ="Media Center"
;185 ="Internet Explorer Core"
;241 ="Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)"
;275 ="COM+"
;293 ="Windows Picture and Fax Viewer"
;319 ="Windows Media Player 6.4"
;321 ="Windows Media Player"
;327 ="Windows Management Instrumentation"
;383 ="Event Log"
;534 ="System Event Notification (SENS)"
;538 ="Video Capture"
;849 ="DirectX diagnostic tool"
;893 ="ActiveX for streaming video"
;897 ="Teletext codec"
;949 ="Acm Core Codecs"
;1631="DirectX"
;1237="OpenGL Support"

I want to add, I also protect stuff from being removed with nLite that the media center needs using my entries.ini (that includes SENS)

too bad it can't keep people from disabling necessary services as well... I'm just glad I read the entries ini finally and thats how I figured it out...

hehe... no worries though man... it wasn't at all your problem!!! another great addon!!!

Edited by benjammin

I'm having some trouble if somebody could help me out. this is my first time using nlite.. just downloaded it to try and make this cd.

first I downloaded the 7z file and opened up nlite.. popped in my winxp pro sp3 32bit cd and it copied th efiles to a folder on my harddrive.. pressed next and clicked on the integrate addon .. clicked next and choose the 7z file.. added fine and everything.. then ran through that again but chose to burn it to an iso.. and then once more and chose to burn the iso to a disc..

then i restarted with the dvd left in.. and booted from it.. started installing windows.. entered my serial code and got past that part.. but now it's stuck on this:

the file 'kb925766rg.inf' on windows xp professional cd2 is needed.

i tried inserting both of the cds and none is finding it.. not sure what to do.. or what I did wrong?

it's on the fourth green installing dot in the process.

hmm.. can anybody help me out? .. I'd really appreciate it.

hmm.. can anybody help me out? .. I'd really appreciate it.

First answer my questions here

Seems like you are using a old inf with a new cab, that may be the problem

Just make a new iso with the new addon and don't try to manually update a old session by copying the new files into it (which is what I am assuming you tried to do)