• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

Nice post!

N1K - this is what i was looking for ;)

:excl: TIP: If u have problems with weather gadget -> "Service not available" you have to change Regional Options to English (US)

At least for me it worked!

Bye,

Sero

• 2 weeks later...

If you dont want the transparent sidebar just extract the sidebar.exe from RTMSidebarSkins.7z and copy it (Unpatched) to %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar then Right Click on sidebar.exe and Patch and Run Vista Executable...

BTW the None skin is just that a sidebar with absolutely NO Skin, I recommend that one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Download the Skin patches available on the first post.... Patch the sidebar.exe thats included with the patches and then copy it to the Windows Sidebar folder (overwriting the old one)

Then right click on it and patch with VAIO

Please help me! :help:

I don't know whats wrong with my notebook...The sidebar not working perfectly.

I've installed the 13 mar sidebar on my office desktop....great no problem at all, but when try to install on notebook, the image of gadgets blur and some gadget nut functioning well.i.e font on notepad.......

I've installed Vaoixp, Media Player 11, IE7 but failed to install WLAN API from Microsoft. Dont know why but the screen show "cannot transfer dependant packages' what the heck is that?

and in the process of installing the windows update somehow my internet connection face problem: cannot log in the net : username not valid in the domain....whargh, whargh :ranting:

somebody please help me....

hmmm thats wierd. Never heard of any of those errors.

The reason some gadgets might be broken is either IE7 is not installed correctly and/or the gadgets arent registered correctly

Try this cmd file /(copy it into notepad and save as whatever.cmd)

ECHO OFF
CLS
TITLE Sidebar Files Registration
CD "%VAIOTOOLS%"
regtlib "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe"

CD "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar"

.\regsvr32 sbdrop.dll

.\regsvr32 wlsrvc.dll

Taskkill.exe /IM sidebar.exe /F

Start sidebar.exe

Good day,

Feel so happy coz my sidebar issues fixed already.... after throughout study in this forum.... :thumbsup_anim:

and you're right my IE didn't installed correctly thats why I can't installed WLAN API and also because of some of my XP files corrupted. ....in the first place I reinstalled the XP then everything went okay! :worthy:

But I still has small issues : Why my drive info gadget cannot displayed 2 images, when I picked 2 drive the image went black and ugly?.............why my calculator only functioning when using mouse not the keyboard?......why feed headlines look weird ? and lastly as common user faced the weather info still nut functioning... :questionmark:

But overall I'm 120% satisfied with this sidebar compared with others...You really done great job. congrat :clap:

i have notice tath aftwer a few hours (2 or 3) the memory occupation of sidebar (on xp) with 3 gadget (calendar, watch, notes) increase too much... from 23.000kb to 155.000kb! Closing the application and reopen it solve the problem...

Any solution?