[Alky] Windows Sidebar Installer [August 1 2007]

ricktendo

That's good then, can't wait for them to release that.

I had Vista installed of my PC for 6 months and hated it, but it looked great. So now I have XP Pro that looks like Vista, best of both worlds IMO.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's good then, can't wait for them to release that.

I had Vista installed of my PC for 6 months and hated it, but it looked great. So now I have XP Pro that looks like Vista, best of both worlds IMO.

I agree with you 100% Im a system builder and must keep up with the newest hardware and Os's and Bought Vista Ultimate when first released. I am also a gamer and the performance Hit was Not good. With VTP 7 and this Sidebar you have Vista Look with Xp stability. Im so happy about VAIO and Vista RTM sidebar and Guy's like Ricktendo that make things work and the help is OUTSTANDING :thumb_yello:

Vista for now stays on my wife's system.

Yep, but Rafael and ZoRoNaX creators of VAIO (what makes the sidebar on XP/2k3 possible) have merged with Alky (Dx10 for XP) and now its gonna be called Alky not VAIO

Sometime at the end of this month they will be releasing Alky 1.0 so wait for it... And yes I can confirm the slideshow bug HAS! finally been fixed by Rafael.

Rick do you post it here if they release Alky 1.0 so we don't need to search somewhere ? :tumbleweed:

Hi,when i install the windows sidebar, at the end of installation i got 1 "INF install failure" error, after the installation i still able to run the windows sidebar but got problem with the CPU Meter Gadget. i already install all the things (VAIO XP. Internet Explorer 7, Windows Media Player 11, Wireless LAN API, MSXML)

post-2385-1185363713_thumb.jpg

post-2385-1185363900_thumb.jpg

Edited by kingjam

sbdrop.dll and wlsrvc.dll did not get registered, I think the INF failure is because it could not find regsvr32.exe in system32 directory, make sure its there and reinstall it.

BTW you can fix the gadgets by copying regsr32.exe to windows sidebar directory and draging and dropping sbdrop.dll and wlsrvc.dll into it

sbdrop.dll and wlsrvc.dll did not get registered, I think the INF failure is because it could not find regsvr32.exe in system32 directory, make sure its there and reinstall it.

BTW you can fix the gadgets by copying regsr32.exe to windows sidebar directory and draging and dropping sbdrop.dll and wlsrvc.dll into it

the regsvr32.exe is in system32 directory, and i do the instruction u mention above, but the gadgets still got problem, so i try to register the

sbdrop.dll and wlsrvc.dll but i get this 2 error (this 2 .dll files in inside system32 folder)

>>LoadLibrary("sbdrop.dll") failed - the specified module cannot be found.

>>LoadLibrary("wlsrvc.dll") failed - the specified module cannot be found.

post-2385-1185409028_thumb.jpg

the regsvr32.exe is in system32 directory, and i do the instruction u mention above, but the gadgets still got problem, so i try to register the

sbdrop.dll and wlsrvc.dll but i get this 2 error (this 2 .dll files in inside system32 folder)

>>LoadLibrary("sbdrop.dll") failed - the specified module cannot be found.

>>LoadLibrary("wlsrvc.dll") failed - the specified module cannot be found.

kingjam what kinda theme you are using ? Looks fantastic and I would like to have it :whistle: