abbodi1406

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 7

I used to use Ricktendo's compact version of this. But since Microsoft updates this package rather frequently and since the repacked version is now the same size as Microsoft's, what's the point of integrating it? I now make it a silent install addon with

NDP472-KB4054530-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /q /norestart

That way, I only have to replace the corresponding file in the WinToolkit_Apps folder when Microsoft updates rather than recompile a new install.wim.

Edited by BYTE-ME

Standalone updated Installer with KB4457016 preview rollup

File: NDP472-KB4457016-x86-x64.zip
   SHA-1: 57d059f9fbf68c6f60db04ac4d20235d8688b074
 SHA-256: c670478ef280ada487e3bad6dc0105518868786c410990def49acf13ba27181a

File: NDP472-KB4457016-x86-x64.exe
   SHA-1: 2e5379a18e591f2b83f8641f76b6ea822a1b489d
 SHA-256: 2273e71321e4c1a7e45b21325f0de2cc626ed9eb3b503ff05a928e5f8c5c7f15

https://www.mirrored.to/files/1UXZL5R6

i don't have time to create new addon

2 hours ago, abbodi1406 said:

i don't have time to create new addon

There's always "next month". 🙂

Edited by shhnedo

2 hours ago, Ankusha5674 said:

Thanx Abbodi. I would like to know why does KB2844286 come up as an offered update, although your pack is installed?

That KB is for .NET-FW 3.5.1 (belongs to Win7), not to 4.7.2 (abbodi's update pack).

Hi abbodi1406! Thanks for this wonderful addon. I will try to add his support to the UpdatePack7R2.

To test, I decided to first integrate it manually and chose x64 version. There were several questions.

1) Not all data from NDP472-KB4470640-x64.reg is imported into the registry - Classes\CLSID\{FEDB2179-2335-48F1-AA28-5CDA35A2B36D} can write only TrustedInstaller, so if Win Toolkit works with user rights, this entry will be skipped. I can get around this problem by importing twice - from the administrator and from TrustedInstaller.

2) Does it make sense to add LangPacks? I think they do not do anything useful for the work of the programs, but maybe I'm wrong?

3) I also see no reason to leave automatic start of services NGEN, according to my observations, they only periodically load the processor, but I don’t think there is a practical sense from this optimization, programs do not run faster. Please correct if it is not, otherwise we need to disable these services.

12 hours ago, simplix said:

Hi abbodi1406! Thanks for this wonderful addon. I will try to add his support to the UpdatePack7R2.

To test, I decided to first integrate it manually and chose x64 version. There were several questions.

1) Not all data from NDP472-KB4470640-x64.reg is imported into the registry - Classes\CLSID\{FEDB2179-2335-48F1-AA28-5CDA35A2B36D} can write only TrustedInstaller, so if Win Toolkit works with user rights, this entry will be skipped. I can get around this problem by importing twice - from the administrator and from TrustedInstaller.

2) Does it make sense to add LangPacks? I think they do not do anything useful for the work of the programs, but maybe I'm wrong?

3) I also see no reason to leave automatic start of services NGEN, according to my observations, they only periodically load the processor, but I don’t think there is a practical sense from this optimization, programs do not run faster. Please correct if it is not, otherwise we need to disable these services.

Hello, you are welcome :)

1) Wintoolkit correctly import all registry keys, even those TrustedInstaller ones, i verified that since the  beginning :)
i don't really know how the developer accomplish that

2) I only started creating LP addons since 4.7.1 due requests, indeed, they are not very useful except to silence Windows Update

3) I don't know for sure, but i tend to leave configurations as default like original setup, the user can disable it then

regarding integration, i actually have mini pack for personal use, which extract/prepare/integrate the addon without Wintoolkit :)
i use NSudo to get TrustedInstaller rights