[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

FFaM v1.0.2.11

Updated 23 July 2012

FFaM.png

It can be frustrating to manually reinstall Firefox with all its extensions, themes, personas and other add-ons. Even for those administrators who need to deploy Firefox on hundreds of network computers will find it a cumbersome task to do it manually. To assist you in building a silent Firefox installer with all of the settings preset, here is Firefox Addon Maker.

Features:

[*]
This is a application written in C# that will create a silent installer.

[*]
The addons and installers can be created in Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, 32-bit or 64-bit.

[*]
The addons and installers can be installed in Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, 32-bit or 64-bit.

[*]
You can create an installer with all of your settings intact, an installer with no modifications. Or, anything in between.

Choose From:

[*]
Mozilla Firefox usually has 3 versions posted, the Current version, the Previous version and the Beta version.

Options:

[*]
Insert personal items, such as: bookmarks, passwords, cookies, history and preferences, extensions data and sessions.

[*]
Insert other items, such as: extensions, plugins, components, searchplugins, dictionaries and modules.

[*]
Disable the Migration Wizard that runs on first boot.

[*]
Disable the Compatibility Wizard when upgrading versions.

[*]
Disable the Crash Reporter.

[*]
Set Firefox as the default browser.

[*]
Use Resource Hacker on the Firefox.exe file and replace the icon set with your choice of a custom icon set.

[*]
Create a Silent Installer that can be used in a live, RVM or WPI.

[*]
Create shortcuts on the desktop, pinned to the Start Menu, in Start MenuPrograms, the Quick Launch toolbar, pinned to Quick Launch or a user selectd folder in Start MenuPrograms.

[*]
Can create the "Pinned Apps" shortcut on the taskbar and Start Menu for some Windows 7 users (23 languages currently supported).

Customizations:

[*]
Choose from any language pack available for the version of Firefox that you choose, this is dependant on the languages currently posted by Mozilla.

[*]
Choose the current Firefox installation path (if you have more than one version installed).

[*]
Choose to use your current Firefox Installation to build installers or addons, instead of downloading the same version to create the installer.

[*]
Choose the profile to use to make the addon, it does not have to be yours. So long as you have access to the profile. The profile can be located anywhere in your system.

[*]
Choose the installation path for the firefox installer. You can choose to install to any folder on the system drive.

[*]
Choose the profile name and location. You can choose to create a profile of almost any name and place that profile in almost any folder on the system drive.

[*]
Automatically downloads the current version of Adobe Shockwave (slim or full) Player and Adobe Flash Player 32-bit or 64-bit.

[*]
Installs the current version plugins: Media Player, Office 2007 and Macromedia Authorware.

[*]
It is completely uninstallable from within "Add or Remove Programs". It now uses the same installation process as the original files.

[*]
This is completely upgradeable.

Installer:

[*]
It is not required to run the installer with 'Run As' Administrator, this is preset in the installer. If UAC is enabled, you will be prompted to allow the installer to make changes to your system.

Compatibility:

[*]
Windows XP

[*]
Vista

[*]
Windows 7

[*]
32-bit or 64-bit

Requirements:

[*]

[*]
Internet Connection

Credits:

[*]
Resource Hacker -

[*]
7-zip -

[*]
7zsd.sfx -

[*]
GoRC.exe -

[*]
Icons - KM7MK created a few of the icons and I created the rest from images found on the net. If, you created any of the images used in these icons, message me and I'll give you the proper credit.

Notes:

[*]
Anyone that is willing to request additional options and functionality, must be willing to put in the time required to test those additions.

downloadiu.png

SHA1: B33C966BC80517B6DC5D6BE559CD783167AC2589

File size: 2.62MB

Edited by Jonnyboy

i haven't uninstalled the previous and istalled the new one as an in place

now there is some runtime runtime error floating around which is causing it to crash especially when ever i hit "add reply " "submit reply"

& so yesterday and today i had found myself posting the same things twice if i wasn't careful :)

i also have a pic for some runtime error that showed up once ,lets first see if it isn't just me

i should have tried uninstalling @ first though ;) which i will later on ..

It would also be nice to see this nice script for FireFox 3 since it's almost in final version. Thanks! :)

Done

after creating addon ,nothing on desktop

It is supposed to copy the completed file to %userprofile%\desktop. I'm not sure why it wouldn't - are you using WinXP or Vista?

I will edit the script and add validation at each step, that should fix any problems.

Edited by Jonnyboy

i think im beginning to find the source of this crash as i didn't investigate enough

i must ask will this save home page settings ..

i suppose it should but here its now http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ (default)

that might be conflicting with protection utilities ,now i also reinstalled the runtimes so im checking that

-------------------------------

changed the home page back to the previous

will see how it goes from here on ;)

Thanks!

Edited by ENU_user

i think im beginning to find the source of this crash as i didn't investigate enough

so i first must ask does is suppose to save the home page settings as well ..

i suppose it does but here its now http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ (default)

that might be conflicting with protection utilities ,now i also reinstalled the runtimes so im checking that first before changing the home page back to the previous

The script does not change any of your settings, it just copies them into the proper folders for the installer to use.

The homepage is stored in prefs.js and is located in %userprofile%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[yourprofile].default. The script places this file into localized\defaults\profile for the installer and then the installer places it into %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile. If you have a profile in %userprofile%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles, Firefox will not use the files in %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile to overwrite your current profile. The files in %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile will only be used if there is no profile for the current user. This is where all of your user configured items are stored, ie. passwords, bookmarks, user preferences, etc., for the creation of a new profile. These files will only be used to create a new user profile not update a current user profile.

I hope I am not blathering and am understandable. And....I hope I have answered the question. :D

i had used SSE2 version now ill revert to the regular version to see if that helps

if you ask me the SSE2 has issues with its updater or something ...

but i cant tell exactly

i can see you are adding other stuff ... to this addon maker

keep up the good work

thanks again

Edited by ENU_user

if you ask me the SSE2 has issues with its updater or something ...

I don't know about updater problems, but I just started using RoboForm and it's not compatible with the Optimized edition. I have gone back to vanilla Firefox.

working perfect :) thank you :) , but downloading only english version firefox ?

I have added some checks to get your current language and download the appropriate files.

anyone other than me find that the above link takes them to the 2005 redist instead of the 2008 that the link says?

I thought that I checked the link, guess not. Corrected. Thanks

i had used SSE2 version now ill revert to the regular version to see if that helps

I made some changes to the script, please try v0.3. Please let me know what errors and I can try and track them down.

Edited by Jonnyboy