What is your Internet Connection Speed.

NIM

Just made a test of my connection speed and decided to make a topic here so we can compare our speeds.

Speed can be tested at SpeedTest.net web site. Once tested you can copy the code from the lower part of the page and post it here..

I'm using ADSL connection from T-Com provider in Croatia and I got this:

71704987.png

72175492.png

My internet is faster than that. According to that, I download at about 115Kb/sec, which is close, but I'm always up over 120kb/sec (difference of 5Kb/sec, I know) but I can can get over 125kb/sec download.

The upload speed is right though, it sucks! :grrr:

Edited by prx984

My internet is faster than that. According to that, I download at about 115Kb/sec, which is close, but I'm always up over 120kb/sec (difference of 5Kb/sec, I know) but I can can get over 125kb/sec download.

The upload speed is right though, it sucks! :grrr:

Have you tried to test it on another server or just the one suggested?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another testing site for us Canadians is this one. I find it really good, because it tactually gives me good results :P

It only tests download speed though.

Heres my results:

Total Data Transferred: 36635664 bits

Transfer Time: 1.05 seconds

Speed: 34824774.15 bps

Speed (Kbps): 34008.57 Kbps

Speed (Mbps): 33.21 Mbps

@ tarun: hehehehe :P

Edited by cygnus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whoa, thats high :o , why can't Rogers give us that speed? :crying_anim02:

Everyone's upload speed is less than 1mb though (at their home), whats up with that?

Ah well, the highest speed we can get here in my area is 5Mbps, but thats the highest and most expensive plan ($100 a month :o ). The highest upload speed I have see so far is 800Kbps. I don't understand why they don'f offer a plan that is say, 512kbps down and 512kbps up, 128kbps up is too slow for the average user. Or maybe, 768kbps down and 512kbps up. I would gladly pay $30 a month for that. But $39.99 a month for 1mbps down and 128kbps up is too much.

I'm thinking of switching to TekSavvy. They offer 5Mbps down and 800Kbps up (DSL) for $29.95 a month. Just need to pursuade my parents to switch :P

Rogers has a business and school version of they're internet services, but at $500 monthly, I don't know any residential owner using it :P

It's 20Mbps (or 40Mbps) up and down aparently (I may have heard that wrong). They have it at my school, but on average I don't get anymore than about 5Mbps on speedtest.net. However, on one computer that I have access to, I can get over 20Mbps.

Edited by cygnus