Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes

abbodi1406

Thank you!

I'm starting to test, so far I checked x86.

1) In the Uninstall section "2010  x86" has 2 spaces.

"DisplayName"="Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219"

2) No icons in many entries. Pic1 what is it seen, Pic2 how can it be.

Pic1.png

Pic2.png

3) I think the changes between SxS_Win7 and SxS_Win810 are too small to make different addons.

4) A few errors in the entries:

vcredist_x86_SxS_Win7\VC_x86_2005.reg in Components\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6229_none_cbee8c4a4710d003 has "\" in "f!mfc80u.dll" and "f!mfcm80.dll".

vcredist_x86_SxS_Win7\VC_x86_2008.reg in Components\x86_microsoft.vc90.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.7523_none_4bf3b680bf9ea69d has "\" in "f!mfc90u.dll" and "f!mfcm90.dll".

1-3 items are not critical.

P. S. Checked x64 - all the same.

Edited by simplix

1) The two speces are the default state from original installer

2) i use slim msi installers for all vcredist, msi entries do not have display icon by default
https://github.com/abbodi1406/vcredist

using original installers (specially 2017/2013/2012) will add many bloat files and registy:
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/1472819/

i could add custom display icon for each msi file (similar to .NET addon), but i'm trying to keep things minimal and default as much as possible

3) actually, upon further tsting, there are more diffirent registry values in COMPONENTS keys
i will update Win810 addons

4) thanks for notifying, SxS entries are hard to keep an eye on :)
i will fix that ASAP

1) The two speces are the default state from original installer

2) i use slim msi installers for all vcredist, msi entries do not have display icon by default
https://github.com/abbodi1406/vcredist

using original installers (specially 2017/2013/2012) will add many bloat files and registy:
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/1472819/

i could add custom display icon for each msi file (similar to .NET addon), but i'm trying to keep things minimal and default as much as possible

3) actually, upon further tsting, there are more diffirent registry values in COMPONENTS keys
i will update Win810 addons

4) thanks for notifying, SxS entries are hard to keep an eye on :)
i will fix that ASAP

abbodi1406, thank you for your work. Please retreat from your principles, use the icons. Since without them, it seems that the file is damaged.

Jan Krohn

Thank you

@Pavel

DESIGNER is part of Visual Basic 6 runtimes

Уже переделал. Забыл про инструкцию, где необходимо получить права на доступ к этой папке. Спасибо.

Already remade. Forgot about the instruction where it is necessary to acquire the rights for access to this folder. Thanks.

Do x64 users need to install the x86 as well? Or just the x64? Sorry if it seems obvious but I seem to recall some x64 progs still use x86 runtimes? 

в 64 аддоне уже есть и 32
in the 64th add-on there are already also 32

Почему так выглядит не одинаково? Без иконок было красивее. Сейчас не пойми что.

Лучше сделать или как было, или сделать все иконки голубенькие как у 2012 - 2017.

Why so looks not equally? Without icons it was more beautiful. Now do not understand that.

It is better to make or as was, or to make all icons blue as at 2012 - 2017.

a874b7fc6057.jpg

Edited by Pavel

20 hours ago, Pavel said:

Почему так выглядит не одинаково? Без иконок было красивее. Сейчас не пойми что.

Лучше сделать или как было, или сделать все иконки голубенькие как у 2012 - 2017.

Why so looks not equally? Without icons it was more beautiful. Now do not understand that.

It is better to make or as was, or to make all icons blue as at 2012 - 2017.

image.png.179fa5096faa317bc7a97ebc3c0b5bc3.png

Pavel,  Вы не правы, Вот свойства оригинального файла. Иконку хорошо видно? А если автор сделает как Вы просите, действительно будет "не пойми что".

Pavel, you are wrong, here are the properties of the original file. The icon is clearly visible ? And if the author does what you ask, it really will be "do not understand that."

abbodi1406, thank you so much for the icons!

Edited by lukalex

I know as fitters of an old and new look look, but old fitters do not put an icon at all, and the author added so already discrepancy. Therefore it is better or without icons, or to make all identical having taken directly from the .MSI file. I already remade its add-ons having replaced old icons from new of it - add-ons.

In a word does not look at all, and the design is necessary everywhere where it is possible to make.

10 hours ago, lukalex said:

image.png.179fa5096faa317bc7a97ebc3c0b5bc3.png

Pavel,  Вы не правы, Вот свойства оригинального файла. Иконку хорошо видно? А если автор сделает как Вы просите, действительно будет "не пойми что".

Pavel, you are wrong, here are the properties of the original file. The icon is clearly visible ? And if the author does what you ask, it really will be "do not understand that."

abbodi1406, thank you so much for the icons!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Супер. Super

abf5d92fd275.jpg

10 hours ago, lukalex said:

Народ, подскажите поточнее какие пакеты аддонов Visual++ без проблем подойдут для Windows 8.1?

The people, prompt more precisely what packages of add-ons Visual without problems will be suitable for Windows 8.1?